Home

WR jump balls on comeback routes.....

This is a discussion on WR jump balls on comeback routes..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2011, 07:00 AM   #17
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: WR jump balls on comeback routes.....

thing is, is that in real life a back shoulder fade in the end zone is pretty much unstoppable...

I'm glad they're effective, but it's true, stopping them does take some work. It's worth it though.

In addition, it's so disappointing that these sorts of grabs are no longer possible anywhere on the field. Punishing the player for lazy development is the lowest of the low.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:59 AM   #18
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
..and 99% of the time you try and user pick a jump ball, they make you do that little clap your hands animation where you don't jump and let the wide receiver run for a score and when you swat it, they swat the wrong way, again leading to a big gain.

You have to square up (like you do in a real life situation) to pick jump balls, User Picks are all about timing and knowing the routes being ran. If the ball is hanging in the air you're going to have to square up using the strafe feature and go up and grab it or bat it down. If the ball and the receiver are moving you have to time it right and get in the area of the ball (red circle)

Same with Swatting the ball down just more timing involved....
Old 09-14-2011, 08:08 AM   #19
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

Mutiple ways to stop this...

Hit stick, Swat button, Interception, or when they catch it hit the strip ball button.

The guy getting kicked for throwing to Desean is crap.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:42 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
thing is, is that in real life a back shoulder fade in the end zone is pretty much unstoppable...

I'm glad they're effective, but it's true, stopping them does take some work. It's worth it though.

In addition, it's so disappointing that these sorts of grabs are no longer possible anywhere on the field. Punishing the player for lazy development is the lowest of the low.
I can do these anywhere on the field...
Old 09-14-2011, 04:09 PM   #21
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

My boy plays with Houston and I've seen him abuse the FADE play at any point inside his opponents 30 yard line for passing tds. I've watched him play online opponents and do it all game long. It doesn't appear that it can be stopped from what I have seen. I do like the hitstick counter but the problem is that his wr stops right where he needs to be and my guy can't move to him or get in position to make a defensive play. I've read stories of triple and even quadruple coverage being beat on this fade play. And why can't my qb make that type of throw when I want him to. It seems that it's tied to that play. Has this play always played out like this?

Last edited by Mjphillips; 09-14-2011 at 04:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »