Home

EA Make up your Mind

This is a discussion on EA Make up your Mind within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2011, 03:24 PM   #25
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: EA Make up your Mind

and while were at it EA.....can u please put the damned defenders names on the screen....when I line up on offense I can't tell where revis is.....in real life, the QB can easily identify where he is
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2011, 03:30 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 24

Not making a comparison, just giving credit!!!

To that "other game". You can press, back off, play inside, play outside, even double up receivers.

Madden needs to implement this, and if it is already, needs improvement.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:36 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
and while were at it EA.....can u please put the damned defenders names on the screen....when I line up on offense I can't tell where revis is.....in real life, the QB can easily identify where he is
That's another one that was in on legacy gen.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:37 PM   #28
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Not making a comparison, just giving credit!!!

To that "other game". You can press, back off, play inside, play outside, even double up receivers.

Madden needs to implement this, and if it is already, needs improvement.

well......that OTHER GAME's DB AI was atrocious....don't cherry pick history
Old 09-22-2011, 03:51 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
well......that OTHER GAME's DB AI was atrocious....don't cherry pick history
I'm not. Just sayin.

Back on topic, yes, Madden needs to get this area down, along with other issues. The best CB's do get burned from time to time, but not every deep ball, almost every game.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:24 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Funny you mention that - not long ago, I was playing offline and was wondering where he is and if he's matching up against one WR, etc.

I was trying to figure out if there was a way to see. I thought maybe viewing play art (R2) would show it, but nope.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:59 PM   #31
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
The shading is nowhere near what I thought it would be. If I tell my guy to shade inside, that should mean he is looking for Ins, Slants and routes that break inside. As it stands they do nothing.
Ditto for me. I was terribly excited when I heard this would be back in. Now it feels half-done. I concur that it doesn't seem to do anything. I've shaded inside on a receiver, been beaten on a slant, gone back to look at it in replay, and see the corner playing outside technique with his first step. Can't make heads or tales of it.

And speaking of last gen. When this feature was put back in, I thought it would be automatic that you would be able to globally shade receivers, the same way you can globally press or back off.

Edit: If it is possible to globally shade, please give up the control scheme, because I haven't been able to find it, and the manual on the disc is even thinner than the old paper ones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2011, 05:26 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
A couple of things...

LBz, I'm glad you're still in it and giving feedback. After 6-7 years and very little results, I can't do it. I'm over in the 2K BB forum looking at Da Czar's play calling vids, shaking my head. There's no depth in Madden to do something similar. We should be over here making pass coverage reading & pass rushing vids. Instead, we're still asking for proper DB/WR shading & defensive alignment.

And no disrespect to anyone, but some of you either don't understand what LBz is saying, lack knowledge of the game or are wearing those shades de la rose. The AI and animations simply don't allow for realistic play. I don't care what the stats/scores say, you don't get there in a realistic manner.

This is exactly how I see it as well...not to beat a dead horse here but the truth of the matter is this, until EA ultimately releases their fully physics based football engine that has much deeper layers of spacial relationships and locational physics, we will be stuck with fudged tuner updates to band-aid a pixel based collision system dressed up in an array of closely matched motion capped scripted animations.

It may look like grandpa's Sunday meatballs....but it certainly wont taste like 'em

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »