Home

Worst online sports game ever

This is a discussion on Worst online sports game ever within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2011, 03:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Worst online sports game ever

Seriously this has to be the WORST online sports game ever. It's not even close to realistic. It's damn near impossible to complete a pass unless the intended receiver is WIDE open. The quarterback takes way too long to throw a pass. You will hit the button about seven yards away from any defenders and yet you get sacked. You're telling me it takes NFL quarterbacks that long to the throw the ball? And apparently every linebacker is faster than any given running back in the open field. I seriously regret buying this game and playing online. I especially love the the linebackers closing speed on a bullet pass where they lunge five yards and intercept the pass. EA has outdone themselves this season. Where is NFL Gameday when you need it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 05:10 AM   #2
Rookie

Ricanlegend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Worst online sports game ever

You want some cheese with all that whine ? Lol First mistake you did NEVER GO ONLINE until you start dominating the CPU , the CPU with the right sliders are amazing the only thig they don't do well is catch the ball as a user everything else is awesome
Old 09-14-2011, 07:04 AM   #3
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

If you are the only one to complain generally its a user error.

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger
Old 09-14-2011, 08:09 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 3

user error
Old 09-14-2011, 08:32 AM   #5
Play With Integrity

HARTSTOPPER's Arena

OVR: 20

CSB...Get some skills and stop complaining. I can throw all damn day. If your linebackers are picking off passes, learn how to use out routes and curl routes instead of slants and crossing routes. Quit being cheesy, and play the game the way it's supposed to be played. If your opponent is blitzing like crazy, run a damn draw play up the middle, or a screen pass. Don't run straight to the forums because you suck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 08:43 AM   #6
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by AStubbs7
Seriously this has to be the WORST online sports game ever. It's not even close to realistic. It's damn near impossible to complete a pass unless the intended receiver is WIDE open. The quarterback takes way too long to throw a pass. You will hit the button about seven yards away from any defenders and yet you get sacked. You're telling me it takes NFL quarterbacks that long to the throw the ball? And apparently every linebacker is faster than any given running back in the open field. I seriously regret buying this game and playing online. I especially love the the linebackers closing speed on a bullet pass where they lunge five yards and intercept the pass. EA has outdone themselves this season. Where is NFL Gameday when you need it.
I will not be as "direct" as some have but while online game play "is what it is", it can be much better than what you have described. Take it from somebody that bought the game on release day and if it had not been for my commitment to some leagues, I would have sold this game after a couple days, do to being frustrated online. However, I am glad I didn't because "it gets better".

Like some have alluded to, you just have to play it more and adjust. My homeboy is so use to doing certain things in a 'madden" way, that are not as easy to execute, at first and he was ready to get rid of it too. Just stick it out and maybe try playing some unranked and sim community games online.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:20 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AStubbs7
I think this game is easier than that. My running game is VERY good online and passing can be tricky but it's all about reading defense and making audibles. Hope this helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »