Home

Anyone else seeing Real players portraits on fake UDFA?

This is a discussion on Anyone else seeing Real players portraits on fake UDFA? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6
Anyone else seeing Real players portraits on fake UDFA?

Currently editing all fake UDFAs in season 1 to become Punters so 1st round picks are no longer cut, nor are kick returners like Brandon Banks etc.

This is first and foremost the most tedious thing ever and EA should not make us have to do this to have a realistic first Franchise season.

Secondly, the shoulderpad issue (not the height one on real players) but the over large protruding wings on fake UDFAs are ridiculous.

Finally, and point of the post, is that I'm seeing real NFL player portraits on the faces of these fake UDFA.

A couple I've seen:
Dez Bryant
Javier Arenas
Ray Edwards
and some 3rd string DT.

Anyone else have this and able to post photos?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2011, 09:54 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone else seeing Real players portraits on fake UDFA?

In my opinion, I'll gladly take a few duplicates of portraits, including some of other players. The real pictures may not be perfect, but they are infinitely better than the blank silhouettes and just plain ridiculous cartoon faces.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:04 PM   #3
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

3D in-game faces please. This is a no-brainer. Why do I want a real face of someone else for a generated or imported player?

The only scenario where using real photographs would be acceptable is if this were a PC game that allowed users to import pictures and mod the game. (see OOTP for an example). If I import Andrew Luck, then I shouldn't see Joe Blow from Topeka, Kansas who decided to show up to an EA photo shoot.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:21 PM   #4
Rookie

Perhaps a solution that would help us all would be to allow the user to change the portrait for any draft pick, or UDFA. I am also tired of seeing generated QB's with fat guy faces. But atleast if you can change it, you can choose one that looks a little closer.

But to eliminate the real portraits all together would be a very bad idea, given the alternatives... I mean seriously, if you actually LIKE those cartoon faces, there is something wrong with you.

Last edited by Beeks; 09-12-2011 at 10:23 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:32 PM   #5
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeks
Perhaps a solution that would help us all would be to allow the user to change the portrait for any draft pick, or UDFA. I am also tired of seeing generated QB's with fat guy faces. But atleast if you can change it, you can choose one that looks a little closer.

But to eliminate the real portraits all together would be a very bad idea, given the alternatives... I mean seriously, if you actually LIKE those cartoon faces, there is something wrong with you.
Look at the in-game faces on NBA2K12 and tell me you wouldn't immediately notice every player if shown a portrait. That's the direction Madden needs to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2011, 10:40 PM   #6
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Why don't you just cut the bad players? That's what I do and it takes about 30 minutes to get through the pre-season. Making them all punters sounds like a lot of extra and unnecessary work.

On topic, I have noticed Kelly Gregg popping up a lot.

The pics don't bother me at all. Cartoony pics last last year, the black portraits, or in-game renders all make the new players stick out and ruins immersion.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:56 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Look at the in-game faces on NBA2K12 and tell me you wouldn't immediately notice every player if shown a portrait. That's the direction Madden needs to go.
Well there's my problem... I haven't played an NBA game since NBA Live 98 on Sega. So I have nothing to compare to, besides the other option Madden seems to go with... the blank portraits or cartoon faces... I DESPISE both.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:16 PM   #8
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeks
Well there's my problem... I haven't played an NBA game since NBA Live 98 on Sega. So I have nothing to compare to, besides the other option Madden seems to go with... the blank portraits or cartoon faces... I DESPISE both.
Sidenote: You owe it to yourself to check out the NBA2K series.

Otherwise, I agree with you that the prior two options were both terrible. In situations like these, the user should have options in the menu.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »