Home

player trading broken????

This is a discussion on player trading broken???? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: player trading broken????

Quote:
Originally Posted by truffleshuffle
I have found out that some of the reason for trades not working are the teams you are trading with can;t just give you a pick for a player because there roster is full so it says not interested even if the player you are offering is from the position they need on the trading block. I have started offering a player for a pick and adding a very low over all player from there roster and I have gotten the trades to go through that way more often than not. But also I have noticed sometimes if I place a very good player on the trading block to get some future picks teams want to offer me 3 round picks for first round players.

Good catch. I wish there was an error msg to let us know but now I know what to do in the future.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:38 PM   #10
Pro

stopper654's Arena

OVR: 14
Traded Asante for Patrick petersen and daryl Washington and a 3rd rounder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The EAGLES Are The Most Dominate Team In The NFC Beast And The Best Team In The League, I Will BLEED GREEN For The Rest Of My Life, So To Any Team Who Thinks They Can Test Us Then If You Want Some Then Come Get Some. GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PSN: Stopper654
Old 09-14-2011, 10:44 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by raguel
Good catch. I wish there was an error msg to let us know but now I know what to do in the future.
sometimes it dose give you the message that there roster is full but that only happens very rearly most of the time it just says they are not interested. I worked about 20 minutes on a trade where I started putting crazy items up for trade and could not get them to take it. I even put up revis for a 7th round pick and was rejected thats when I went back to my original trade and just added a 45 overall player they had on to the trade and they took my 3 round pick for the wide out I wanted and I just cut the guy i got in the deal. Also It dosen;t work every time but alot of the times it dose.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 10:46 PM   #12
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22
I tried desperately to move up in the 3rd round of one of my drafts. I must have tried with 10 or so teams. For their 3rd (between 7-20) I offered my 32 in the 3rd and even tried next years 1st and 2nd. I tried 3 and two 4's. Everything I offered was rejected. I think it's gimpy.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:00 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat
I tried desperately to move up in the 3rd round of one of my drafts. I must have tried with 10 or so teams. For their 3rd (between 7-20) I offered my 32 in the 3rd and even tried next years 1st and 2nd. I tried 3 and two 4's. Everything I offered was rejected. I think it's gimpy.
I didn;t try to get picks during the draft I did it before the trade deadline. In my dynasty I could already tell who was going to be in the last of the standings when teams had either 1 win or no wins. Can you trade players to move up into the draft? I haven;t tried that yet. I got to free agency in my dynasty and before players declared I resigned who I wanted to multi year deals and some how they still were listed in free agency and I didn;t notice becuase i thought i had them signed and just looked for what i needed and lost them to other teams even though I had every thing set to user control and could not figure out why it did that. I lost s.Green and would like to pick up a back but to do that I have to move up in the draft because my draft picks i have gotten I need to use for bigger holes on my team and to get a good halfback to back up tomlinson I will have to move up in the draft and I had already traded away my top 3 round pick and will need a pick in the third

Last edited by truffleshuffle; 09-14-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:12 PM   #14
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

I tried during the draft. A guy I wanted was waiting there and I scouted him. I tried and tried.. luckily the guy was there at my pick.

Still would like to see it work. Teams most the time would trade their 3rd for a 3rd 10 spots down, next years 1st and 2nd round. That's insane. I wouldn't have done that. but just seeing if they would accept it. No team did.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:31 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 1

I think trades are fairly easy. There are a lot of people that are next to impossible to get, I offered 2 1st rounders and Trent Cole for Mario Williams, no go.

However next year picks are almost useless so if you get the screen that says "are you sure you want to accept this trade" you say no and try to get picks for next year, next thing you know you have like 3 or 4 1st rounders for next season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 11:33 PM   #16
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyEaglesFly3
I think trades are fairly easy. There are a lot of people that are next to impossible to get, I offered 2 1st rounders and Trent Cole for Mario Williams, no go.

However next year picks are almost useless so if you get the screen that says "are you sure you want to accept this trade" you say no and try to get picks for next year, next thing you know you have like 3 or 4 1st rounders for next season.
Could be true. I traded Carson Palmer to the Hawks for their first round picks in 2012 and 13.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »