Home

The Madden Reception - Happens Every Year

This is a discussion on The Madden Reception - Happens Every Year within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2011, 02:18 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: The Madden Reception - Happens Every Year

If they fix up franchise mode so that I don't have to control all 32 teams in order to prevent the ******** AI from killing their own teams, then I will be satisfied with this game. If not, then yep, it's another disappointing Madden to me. I pretty much only play offline franchise. With the way it was hyped this year I thought it sounded great. Too bad the CPU teams keep players who would struggle to make practice squads, and then don't bother replacing them until the next season (with more players that would struggle to make practice squads).
Old 09-15-2011, 02:52 AM   #18
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
First madden I have played this much in well, forever. I disagree with the op.
me 2!! ive played 3 full seasons in franchise and havent been so bored that i go back to cod yet!! gameplay seems vastly improved from 11 an altho passing isnt perfect. the new throwing animations, fball, pumpfake an lead passing make it alot of fun
Old 09-15-2011, 08:37 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 0

o shock look at me.....love the game
Old 09-15-2011, 09:46 AM   #20
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

The game is a massive exercise in patience for me at this point. I'm not about to sell back my copy, but I do think I should take a break from it for my sanity's sake. It can be incredibly frustrating when it should be fun. It's not a solid simulation of football and it probably never will be, but the desire for good, current-gen NFL video-gaming draws me back to it.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:55 AM   #21
Rookie

BlackJackRabbit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Best football game I have ever played easily by a landslide.
This statement aggravates me to no end. Madden is the most recent game that has been released. For it not to be the best would be a disgrace, and for many years Madden wasn't the best football game ever created.

Being the best football game to date when your the only one to release one in 2011, and there were only two other games, by other publishers, released in the last six years is nothing to hoot and holler about.

That being said, Madden 12 is a big improvement over Madden 11. Tiburon just needs to innovate a lot more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 09:59 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
First madden I have played this much in well, forever. I disagree with the op.

There are a couple of things that are just outrageously bad, like each team having 10 crappy undrafted rookie free agents, but the gameplay has been better than I expected. I'm still cautiously optimistic, but I'm optimistic after a couple of weeks of messing with it.

The URFA issue is my big problem so far. After that it's smaller stuff, like it may be Always Sunny in Philadelphia, but it's always raining everywhere else. So far I've been somewhat impressed along with being moderately disappointed.

Been having fun, so looks like I'll keep it. So my criticism right now isn't doom and gloom, just areas the game needs to get better. So far, for me, this is a keeper.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:13 AM   #23
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
There are a couple of things that are just outrageously bad, like each team having 10 crappy undrafted rookie free agents, but the gameplay has been better than I expected. I'm still cautiously optimistic, but I'm optimistic after a couple of weeks of messing with it.

The URFA issue is my big problem so far. After that it's smaller stuff, like it may be Always Sunny in Philadelphia, but it's always raining everywhere else. So far I've been somewhat impressed along with being moderately disappointed.

Been having fun, so looks like I'll keep it. So my criticism right now isn't doom and gloom, just areas the game needs to get better. So far, for me, this is a keeper.
I agree 100% with the bold. I bought both Madden 12 and NCAA 12 this year and I've played the least amount of video game football this year since I started playing video game football.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 09-15-2011, 12:26 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
I agree 100% with the bold. I bought both Madden 12 and NCAA 12 this year and I've played the least amount of video game football this year since I started playing video game football.
It makes the heavily touted "best franchise mode this gen" nearly unplayable unless you manage all 32 team's rosters. Every team in 5 years time will have TONS of terrible players! Many of us have full time jobs and don't have time for all that micro management. Our "me time" is very limited and we just want the game to work correctly right out of the box.

Sent using common sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »