Home

slot reciever

This is a discussion on slot reciever within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-15-2011, 01:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
slot reciever

can the computer stop these guys in my league the slot WR no matter who it is gets 7 catches for well over 150 yards while the #1 and #2 WR get 1 catch a game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 01:35 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: slot reciever

Which side? The CPU or You?
Old 09-15-2011, 01:37 AM   #3
Banned

MileHighSalute30's Arena

OVR: 10

The slot receiver has always been the one that racks up the yards in Madden. The 1 and 2 guys rarely seem to get open or play like big time WRs.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:40 AM   #4
Rookie

Coast's Arena

OVR: 0

Slot Recievers always dominate.
Whenever I need to up my dudes stats in franchise, I just drop em into #3 and go to work in a spread offense.

You can stop slot recievers tho by using a defense with 3 corners. Press, and put LBs in zone in the middle. My friend loves stacking yards with his slot, this is what I usually do to stop that. Works fine
Old 09-15-2011, 01:51 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have a WR Screen audible, so if the CB is playing off 10 yards, I audible, get my #1 or #2 WR the ball quick and let them work with it. That's one way I've found of getting their #'s up. Mike Williams in my TB franchise is my #1 and averages 6-8 catches per game.

Not sure if that's a "work around" or just playing the game the way I like to.

Throwing it out there.

I do wish there was a Hot Route to a screen though... would be way easier, and more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 02:00 AM   #6
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by blocknose
can the computer stop these guys in my league the slot WR no matter who it is gets 7 catches for well over 150 yards while the #1 and #2 WR get 1 catch a game
Only thorough GamePlan creation for CPU controlled teams can fix this issue. The problem is defensive playcalling. The CPU routinely comes out in base 3-4/4-3 man defense against 3-4 WR sets and this results in a slower LB covering a speedy/quick slot WR -or- a deep safety covering a slot WR and unable to close on a quick slant or drag route in time.

This is also the reason faster TE's are typically wide open when playing the CPU.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:46 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

It's just that it's so easy to complete passes to the slot guy, I had to learn how to make the passes to the number one guy and getting my number two catches is almost harder because most plays I call don't have favorable routes for him. But eventually I learned how to get my number one big plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »