Home

Would you like to have the option to manually adjust weather in Franchise mode?

This is a discussion on Would you like to have the option to manually adjust weather in Franchise mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would you like to be able to edit weather in Franchise Mode?
Yes 71 84.52%
No 13 15.48%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2011, 11:03 PM   #17
Rookie

Shroom's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Would you like to have the option to manually adjust weather in Franchise mode?

HELLZ NO!!!!! I luv DA RAIN.

Spoiler
USC Trojans
Old 09-16-2011, 04:32 AM   #18
Banned

The Duke's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Would you like to have the option to manually adjust weather in Franchise mode?

who would vote 'no'?? wouldnt hurt to have the option even if you never plan on touching it.
rain games look hideous in madden. ugly to look at. they need to work on that too. weather effects are terribly bad for 2011.
Dear EA, it is obvious you cant get any of these little things right or youre just too lazy to get it right, so give us the option to fix it ourselves. let us have full customisation abilities in the game. we need to be able to edit body shape and size, faces, hair, portraits (some players have white photos, but theyre black in-game), and weather. at the very least! Madden was at its best on the ps2 when we did have most of those options available to us.

Last edited by The Duke; 09-16-2011 at 04:37 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #19
Banned

nastynatesolder's Arena

OVR: 8

@kpkpkp,

Thanks for making this thread you get ***** YEAH!

You should always make an option in a game if you can
Old 09-16-2011, 11:42 AM   #20
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I'm split.

Part of me would like to adjust the percentage chances of various precipitation and temperature (one game had a -22 degree temp and it wasn't even like Green Bay.) OOTP has it, and that's a baseball game - weather is less important.

On the other hand, being able to tweak it might limit the fact I'll experience odd/unusual weather like sometimes happens in real life as I might say "snow? in city X on Y date? Not likely" and then I edit it out, but it could possibly happen.
This post makes a good point.

Being able to adjust it ourselves might cause people often say "snow in October? It's too early for that... Its Sunny and warm every day in my little world!"

But even still... I like having the option, and those that want to avoid it could just not use the weather editor.

For me what kills me is not being able to recreate the real-life weather in my franchise... Like last year in my Patriots franchise I wanted to recreate that game the Pats had in the snow against the Titans.. but since weather was bugged and pre-determined I couldnt not get it to happen.

Either way weather is bugged to rain too much this year and that should be patched... but I would LOVE to also be able to edit weather... like most posters agree... its my franchise... why not?
Old 09-16-2011, 12:04 PM   #21
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

One million percent yes, why anyone would vote no to this boggles my mind, unless they enjoy playing in rain nearly every game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2011, 03:41 PM   #22
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Yes and my telemetry would read, "Sunny with Blue skies," everytime user logs on to Franchise mode.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:02 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
One million percent yes, why anyone would vote no to this boggles my mind, unless they enjoy playing in rain nearly every game.
I voted "NO" and I will tell you why. My fear would be that if the user had the option to adjust the weather, then EA would not put much effort into creating realistic weather. Why put any effort into it if the user can just fix any weather oddities. In a perfect scenario, EA would fix/perfect whatever formula goes into franchise weather and make make it unnecessary for the user to need this option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »