Home

Question for Online D-fense

This is a discussion on Question for Online D-fense within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2003, 04:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Question for Online D-fense

hey guys.

i've got a quick question, what's the best d to play against the quick pass to the flat? i've been seeing this pass a lot lately and i was having trouble finding a play to stop it. i run a lot of 3-4

any help is appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2003, 04:51 PM   #2
Rookie

CoupleOfFew1's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Question for Online D-fense

go to dime and then select SAFE. it puts 4 ppl back in zone coverage and 2 ppl covering the flats. and since u cant really see the hb on the flat cuz of the camera, u will probably get a lot of picks.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:13 PM   #3
Rookie

but what if they have trips to one side...i think i've tried that and have gotten burned on it..maybe i'm wrong? are there any more defenses anybody has to stop it
Old 09-11-2003, 05:27 PM   #4
Rookie

Out of the 4-3, there's Man Flats which sends the two LBs off to the sides in zone coverage.

But if you also need to protect against trips? Hrmm... probably something out of quarter. My nickel DBs never all line up on one side of the field, I don't think (if the opponent bunches three, then two get covered by CBs and one by an LB.)

You can also try the normal man defenses with an LB watching the back and then use the LB shift to have them spread out a little more to get a better jump on the back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »