Home

Computer shenannigans!

This is a discussion on Computer shenannigans! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2011, 11:07 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Computer shenannigans!

Madden AI is the worst thing I have ever seen in my life.

-Computer controlled QB's can throw the ball away from the pocket without ever getting an intentional grounding penalty.
-Computer controlled ball carries always break the first tackle. Sometimes they break more than that. It doesn't matter who the ball carrier or the tackler is... the CPU will always break the first tackle.
-Robo QB... need I say more?
Old 09-18-2011, 02:00 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
So, two things i just noticed in my past game

1- Penalties for the CPU 0 for 0 yards, penalties for me 13 for 97 yards, including like 6 false starts AT HOME! One cool thing i noticed however is that once i started going on one every down the cpu started getting off the ball super quick and made some seriious plays.

2- Aaron Rodgers along with almost any semi running QB seems to break EVERY tackle on the first try once he has decided to run. This is something i noticed in NCAA as well.

Anyone else notice some iffy AI quirks when playing?

I can't say I've seen either. I've seen games with lots of penalties and sometimes my team made more, but never 13-0 like that.

I haven't seen Rodgers break tackles. Game I just played, he went down like you'd think a QB would.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:03 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
-Computer controlled QB's can throw the ball away from the pocket without ever getting an intentional grounding penalty.
-Computer controlled ball carries always break the first tackle. Sometimes they break more than that. It doesn't matter who the ball carrier or the tackler is... the CPU will always break the first tackle.
-Robo QB... need I say more?

-Yeah, the first one is ridiculous. That's just a basic NFL rule.

-This I can't say I've seen. I usually see 2-6 broken tackles from both starting backs in the whole game with a few from the receivers mixed in sometimes. Though, I have Broken Tackles at 0 because they are rare in real life based on stats I've seen on it.

-I don't see this consistently. Sometimes if they go to the hurry-up offense, they'll start running off completion after completion, but even then, you can knock them out of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »