Home

where's the randomness

This is a discussion on where's the randomness within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 19
where's the randomness

CPU controled teams do not seem to have any randomness to their gameplay/gameplan, regardless of how many times you play them.
where's the change in game plan, does that even exist in the AI logic?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2011, 11:14 PM   #2
Rookie

bc3po's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: where's the randomness

I've kind of wondered the same thing. I've always thought the cpu never really took advantage of any mismatch they had over me. I just played my vikings vs the lions, and the cpu threw to Johnson i think 2 times the whole game. It got to point i wanted him to get the ball so it would be realistic.
NCAA - Michigan State Spartans
Old 09-17-2011, 12:48 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

About the only change I see is from run to pass or vice versa, but, like you guys, hard to see them exploit a personnel match-up.

Though, the game I just played, they avoided Jimmy Smith and attacked Webb like he was some scrub. Webb did play an...average game (made some plays, some penalties, got beat at times).
Old 09-17-2011, 01:37 AM   #4
Banned

MileHighSalute30's Arena

OVR: 10

I do think it's awesome that teams kinda play true to how they play IRL. For instance, when I play the Raiders, they pound me with the running game, and pass conservatively. When I play the Pats, Brady throws almost 40 times, and they run the ball maybe 15 times. I play on All Madden with sliders for me and cpu set at 25 for most things, and the CPU sometimes puts their super star wr in the slot if Champ Bailey has been locking them up. Or if I have a LB on a WR they exploit that mismatch.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:14 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3

Yeah difficulty has a lot to do with the things you see or do not see in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2011, 10:18 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

Not sure about the randomness. It's what makes me wonder about DPP and other things. I think the cpu (i agree with above poster) does ok mimicking the styles of other teams. I thought old gen had hot and cold streaks...they may be arbitrary but it felt close enought to real life.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 09-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #7
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

This is exactly why I choose my plays using Gameflow on offense(run/pass I choose). I don't audible, or use hot routes(unless it's to have an extra blocker).

Because the CPU NEVER does this, and never has! So to me, if I do something the AI is uncapable of doing against me, it is cheesing. I wish they would line Calvin Johnson in the slot and force me to call a timeout if I don't have the right personnel in there. I wish they forced me to double team him! That just doesn't happen, and I don't know if it every will. The AI is just that...it's a cpu lol! So we have to dumb down are tactics to what they do in order make the game realistic.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:47 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
The AI is just that...it's a cpu lol! So we have to dumb down are tactics to what they do in order make the game realistic.
We have to dumb down only because EA doesn't smarten up the AI.

While AI in games may never emulate even an average player - it should be able to accomplish basic football principles and one of those is personnel match-ups and attempting to create mismatches.

The playbooks are another thing. Not many of them have attempted mismatches in their design.

AI will always have limitations, but it doesn't need to have this many limitations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »