Home

Need Help Throwing Deep!! User vs. User

This is a discussion on Need Help Throwing Deep!! User vs. User within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2011, 05:59 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Need Help Throwing Deep!! User vs. User

Yeah, this game is horrible in simulating deep balls. I completely agree with everything said here, most what you guys mentioned has happened to me as well.

Come on EA!?
Old 09-17-2011, 08:51 PM   #10
Rookie

meep316's Arena

OVR: 5

The secret is user catching. I just got the game the other day, haven't bought a Madden since 10, which I traded in after a day so that doesn't really count.

I'm liking the game so far, but all I've really played is ultimate team. I refuse to spend real money, so I've got a junk team, and my deep game is very limited. The times that I've thrown deep, the only times I've caught the ball is when I user caught them.

I actually had a great play last night, I sent a guy on a streak, it was Courtney Roby I believe, and in double coverage I managed to jump up and snag it, not rocket catching or anything, though. Just positioned myself well and hit triangle and he came down with it.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:49 AM   #11
Rookie

trth22's Arena

OVR: 1

DO NOT use lob passing.

the game uses a more realistic approach to deep balls this year so bullets and touches passes get their own air now deep.

only use lobs when receiver is ABOUT to be open, not when he is open.

also use lead passing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2011, 04:30 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

doesn't a non lob just get batted down by the CB or safety thats underneath?
Old 09-18-2011, 08:01 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

I myself was having the same problem until I came across a solution. Some how I accidetly pushed up on L3 while throwing the deep ball. To my surprise, the ball was lofted over the safeties head prob 30+ yards down the field and Earl Bennett caught the ball while getting two feet in the back of the endZone.

I thought this might be a fluke, but has worked everytime since. I also have notice if you pull L3 down towards the sideline you are throwing to, prevents INT's when the CB jumps(knows) the route before the Wr breaks.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:23 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

I also have a problem with this. Soemtimes though, the MLB, or DT has insane jumping abilities. I'm talkin' jumping UP into the air on a lob pas that would've been WAY over his head, and GRABBING it with one hand.

The physics are odd i nthis game...
Old 09-18-2011, 11:05 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 9

They REALLY have to do something about this whole passing directly to the defender thing it's really starting to get bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2011, 02:56 PM   #16
Rookie

trth22's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionhammer
doesn't a non lob just get batted down by the CB or safety thats underneath?
no, thats why i said use lead pass. most of the time i put it tall b/c most wr have advantage in height over cb. though directional passing adjusted in any direction against the cb will cut swats in those situations.

side note if you saw the lob this weekend in the raiders game i believe you'll know why lob int used on streaking wr.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »