Home

Need Help Throwing Deep!! User vs. User

This is a discussion on Need Help Throwing Deep!! User vs. User within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2011, 09:07 AM   #1
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8
I need Help Throwing Deep!! User vs. User

I'm a Madden Veteran, been playing since 92 on the Sega Genesis. I've have never struggled to throw deep until this year.

That being said, what do I have to do to win downfield matchups against Safeties? It just seems the secondary has a distinct advantage every time. I try to take control of the WR and user catch but It doesnt help, every Safety is perfect position and seems to play like Ed Reed!!

Please Help!! Any tips or advice would be appreciated...

Last edited by db56; 09-17-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2011, 09:38 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Need Help Throwing Deep!! User vs. User

I need help with this too i can't throw online for more than 20 yards without it being swatted. I do get completions sometimes if they are user controlling the guy but other than that it's not gonna happen.

What pisses me off is i can send Mike Wallace on a streak (98 speed) against a safety in deep coverage and Mike passes the safety but the safety manages to catch up with him and swat the ball down or intercept it.

Also not many safeties in the Nfl have that kind of speed.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:49 AM   #3
Veteran

db56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja109
I need help with this too i can't throw online for more than 20 yards without it being swatted. I do get completions sometimes if they are user controlling the guy but other than that it's not gonna happen.

What pisses me off is i can send Mike Wallace on a streak (98 speed) against a safety in deep coverage and Mike passes the safety but the safety manages to catch up with him and swat the ball down or intercept it.

Also not many safeties in the Nfl have that kind of speed.
The trick has to be user control and I've been working on it but there is something I'm not doing right. I'll have my big WR on a smaller, slower S and the S will somehow have the advantage...
Old 09-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Yeah they definitly tried to sabotage the deep game this year. The problem is the defenders just have too much power, like the defender could be behind you and just reach up over you for a swat or interception. Also alot of the time it seems as if the quarterback will throw directly to a defender no matter how good a quarterback he is.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:53 PM   #5
Rookie

MaddenFanPS3's Arena

OVR: 0

play action streak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2011, 12:55 PM   #6
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

there is also a problem with the balls hanging in the air too long on deep passes. if a saftey is in the middle of the field following the slot guy that ran a cross theres no way he should be able to turn and sprint to the outside wr going deep and break up the play. It happens every time my wr beats the cb (which also doesnt hardly ever happen) I throw the ball for what should be a long gain/td but the saftey somehow makes it halfway back across the field and swats it down.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #7
Veteran

db56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
Yeah they definitly tried to sabotage the deep game this year. The problem is the defenders just have too much power, like the defender could be behind you and just reach up over you for a swat or interception. Also alot of the time it seems as if the quarterback will throw directly to a defender no matter how good a quarterback he is.
Totally agree with this. Unless I have excellent pass protection and have 5 seconds(never happens) to let my Wr get a 5 yards of seperation, my Qb throws the perfect pass to the Safety and they make the perfect jump pick.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:07 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 3
My deep balls always get caught!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »