Home

Perfecting the Dime

This is a discussion on Perfecting the Dime within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2011, 10:20 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Perfecting the Dime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPolo7
Not with Dallas' OLine...Romo never has any time for routes to develop when I play against Dallas
I'm on a 5 game winning streak online. I have confidence in the players I just named getting open quick. The Oline doesn't mess up every play. Especially if your only sending 4. And if your sending more I'll find the blitz. Hopefully
Old 09-18-2011, 02:29 PM   #10
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
So do you just basically run the DIME as your base def? I've been trying to do something similar to this, but I'm afraid for the power run game
I run a base 4-3 against 2 WR sets.

Against 3 and 4 WR sets I run dime most of the time, with either DRC or Hall matched up against a tight end wth safety support over the top.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #11
Rookie

MrPolo7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
I run a base 4-3 against 2 WR sets.

Against 3 and 4 WR sets I run dime most of the time, with either DRC or Hall matched up against a tight end wth safety support over the top.
Ah I see, I don't think I could justify that much cap room spent on two guys who aren't even apart of the base def
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #12
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Ah I see, I don't think I could justify that much cap room spent on two guys who aren't even apart of the base def
I'm not too concerned about it because I'm obsessed with cap management.

Unless I absolutely need a 1st round guy in the draft, I always trade down because later round guys are much cheaper.

In FA I'll only break the bank for corners (Shocking right? I'm obsessed with having enough cover guys), and an elite MLB if available (which is rare).
Old 09-18-2011, 04:30 PM   #13
Rookie

MrPolo7's Arena

Quote:
I'm not too concerned about it because I'm obsessed with cap management.

Unless I absolutely need a 1st round guy in the draft, I always trade down because later round guys are much cheaper.

In FA I'll only break the bank for corners (Shocking right? I'm obsessed with having enough cover guys), and an elite MLB if available (which is rare).
Hey to each his own...Im tinkering with a 4-2-5 base, but finding a solid weak side safety opposite Landry has been difficult
Old 09-18-2011, 04:36 PM   #14
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Hey to each his own...Im tinkering with a 4-2-5 base, but finding a solid weak side safety opposite Landry has been difficult
Interesting, did you move Orakpo and Kerrigan to DE on the 4 man front?

And if I'm not mistaken the 4-2-5 usually has the MLB and ROLB on the field right?
Old 09-18-2011, 05:02 PM   #15
Rookie

MrPolo7's Arena

Quote:
Interesting, did you move Orakpo and Kerrigan to DE on the 4 man front?

And if I'm not mistaken the 4-2-5 usually has the MLB and ROLB on the field right?
Yea I have Kerrigan at LE and Orakpo at RE, with Fletcher and McIntosh on the field right now (yes its the MLB/ROLB), but I also have Kawika Mitchell who I'm thinking about trying out there with Fletcher because McIntosh is kind of a little girl.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »