Home

Pursuit Angles and Speed of Linemen?

This is a discussion on Pursuit Angles and Speed of Linemen? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2011, 10:08 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Pursuit Angles and Speed of Linemen?

Is anyone else having issues when moving the ball or returning interception and notice the fastest players trailing the O-linemen who is the xlosest to catching you or have caught you after an interception or a fumble when they were clearly out of the play?

I have had instances where 90spd players would be caught from behind or at angles that would not had happened in real life or in anyother madden to date. I have even had the QB hawk a 89spd LB down or my safety after an interception and make the play when I was at full sprint and should have had the return.

Also, what about the backside defenders who makes plays on the ball for losses when the play is ran AWAY from them. Even while running past defenders that are clearly being blocked that have this tremendous "make-up" speed and make the play from behind when you have had the clear route to major yardage or a TD. Pursuit speed needs t be adjusted from the moment the defender breaks off their blocks or getting up from the ground.

Also, when my WR is bumped at the LOS andhe breaks free and the defender is staggerring, why is it they are able to re-coup the moment the ball is thrown to take advantage of this situation and they end up making the play anyway while they were hunched over from getting beat off the bump?

Rant/ sorry, but these issues being fixed would make madden alot more fun online than it already is at times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
Rookie

Maxil's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Pursuit Angles and Speed of Linemen?

Don't use sprint.

It causes blockers to go haywire, and people in persuit to engage afterburners on their feet.

Only use sprint when there is noone around you, period, within distance of catching up. You'll break craploads of tackles, do animations you've never seen, and juke defenders out of their ankles if you don't use sprint.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:06 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxil
Don't use sprint.

It causes blockers to go haywire, and people in persuit to engage afterburners on their feet.

Only use sprint when there is noone around you, period, within distance of catching up. You'll break craploads of tackles, do animations you've never seen, and juke defenders out of their ankles if you don't use sprint.
Thats the thing, I use sprint when im out in the open lol, I do exactly as you say every game and some games it does wonders but others it just seems like madden kicks in for my opponent.

I have had 350yd rushing games quite a few times but this is like a thorn in my side as I see defenders hawking me down (slow QBs )after picks and all.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Is auto sprint off as well?
Old 09-18-2011, 12:20 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by davijerr
Is auto sprint off as well?
Yes, auto sprint is off as I feel more immersive doing it this way, but i rarely press sprint prematurely knowing these circumstances. Game is great but i just believe this come from behind speed especially from Dlinemen hawking down a 93spd HB is kinda borderline weak!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2011, 02:11 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

NCAA has this same cheat logic...using sprint causes defenders to easily shed their blockers. In Madden with autosprint do you guys recommend leaving it on and not using sprint or turning off autosprint completely?
Old 09-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #7
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Yes, auto sprint is off as I feel more immersive doing it this way, but i rarely press sprint prematurely knowing these circumstances. Game is great but i just believe this come from behind speed especially from Dlinemen hawking down a 93spd HB is kinda borderline weak!
if auto sprint is off what button do you use to sprint?
Old 09-18-2011, 06:38 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
if auto sprint is off what button do you use to sprint?
R2 on the PS3!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »