Home

We need to have the option for inactives

This is a discussion on We need to have the option for inactives within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #9
Rookie

mjh91's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: We need to have the option for inactives

I agree. If it is implemented in Head Coach '09, why can't it be in Madden '12?
Old 09-19-2011, 07:57 PM   #10
Rookie

StreetCarp's Arena

OVR: 1

I don't understand what you're complaining about. You want to be able to have injured players not take up a roster spot but you don't want to put them on IR? Buddy, that's not how the NFL works. When someone gets hurt, the team has to decide if his roster spot is worth keeping occupied until the player gets healthy again, or if they should just lose him for the season on IR.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:48 PM   #11
Rookie

bc3po's Arena

OVR: 2

What i'm getting from this is that the OP doesn't want to have 3 QB's taking up 3 roster spots. He only wants two, an example would be, last night vick got hurt, and the eagles put in the only other active QB they had, kafka. Young is still on the team, but not active.

And instead of wasting a spot on gameday with 3 QB's, maybe only have 2 active QB's and that would free up a slot elsewhere.

That's what i get out of it, could be mistaken tho
NCAA - Michigan State Spartans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2011, 10:09 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetCarp
I don't understand what you're complaining about. You want to be able to have injured players not take up a roster spot but you don't want to put them on IR? Buddy, that's not how the NFL works. When someone gets hurt, the team has to decide if his roster spot is worth keeping occupied until the player gets healthy again, or if they should just lose him for the season on IR.
Most nfl teams won;t put a player on IR unless its a bad injury.
I think I understand what he is saying. Like my situation. I had both my Fs's get hurt for only a few like one 3 weeks and one 2 weeks but I already had two CB's hurt that could have backed them up so when I tred to play a game it would not let me because I didn;t have any players to fill in on those spots but I also could not sign in FA becasue I didn;t have a roster spot. Why should you put players on IR that are only a few games of injury when you should be able to deactivate players that you don;t use for a few games so your injured players that are only slighly hurt don;t have to be put on IR.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by truffleshuffle
Most nfl teams won;t put a player on IR unless its a bad injury.
I think I understand what he is saying. Like my situation. I had both my Fs's get hurt for only a few like one 3 weeks and one 2 weeks but I already had two CB's hurt that could have backed them up so when I tried to play a game it would not let me because I didn't have any players to fill in on those spots but I also could not sign in FA because I didn't have a roster spot. Why should you put players on IR that are only a few games of injury when you should be able to deactivate players that you don;t use for a few games so your injured players that are only slightly hurt don;t have to be put on IR.
You can't do that that because that's not how it works in real life. If a team is disparate at a position they either have to release a player at another position that has depth or they make the hard decision to end a players year even if he's only got a minor injury.
NFL is not MLB there is no minor leagues, you cant just call up a player for a few games.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:42 AM   #14
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosoxblowblows
You can't do that that because that's not how it works in real life. If a team is disparate at a position they either have to release a player at another position that has depth or they make the hard decision to end a players year even if he's only got a minor injury.
NFL is not MLB there is no minor leagues, you cant just call up a player for a few games.
I just looked it up, I guess in madden its not the same as real life cause you get all 53 guys when you are only supposed to have 45. and you cant put a guy on IR unless you know he is gonna be out till after the playoffs, or if he just sucks. who would put a start player on IR if they were gonna miss the rest of the regular season but make it back for playoff time. guess Im gonna have to cut some linemen or something so I can get a new safety. I would still rather have the 45 man and 8 inactives in the game, but I dont think we are ever going to get a legit true to life football game out of EA.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:17 AM   #15
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11

The problem lies in the fact that Madden requires minimums at every position, so you often have rosters with incorrect players/positions because you're forced to keep a certain amount of players at each position, unlike in the real NFL where many 3-4 teams only care 2 DT's for instance, or many teams carrying only 9 OL. I often have to cut/release players that I want to keep (that are actually on the team IRL) because the game forces me to keep extra lineman, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2011, 12:24 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosoxblowblows
All I needed was one player So yes they do that in real life they until this year would deactitvate the third stringer Qb which would free up one spot. I have never seen in real life where a player with a very minor injury would be placed on IR to just to fill a roster spot. They don;t have a minor league but they do have a practice squad that they could use a player from there to cover until that injured player was back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »