Home

Too easy to resign players?!?

This is a discussion on Too easy to resign players?!? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2011, 06:38 PM   #1
Rookie

strife1013's Arena

OVR: 0
Too easy to resign players?!?

I am playing around with the offseason mode and noticed that it is way too easy to resign players. I can resign all my FA prior to the off season for a fraction of what they are worth. For example Center Dan Koppen for the Patriots is rated at 89 overall with a B rating and I was able to resign him for a one year deal for 750k. Some players like running backs cost a little more but that was still a lot less than what it was in last years Madden. Anyone else notice anything like this? I'm sure if I let these players go to the FA market they would make a ton more in money. I'm around 60+ million under the cap and most of my team is signed through several more years. Insane! I could afford a whole Pro Bowl team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2011, 07:05 PM   #2
Rookie

mjh91's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Too easy to resign players?!?

Then pay them more money so you're satisfied.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:58 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

I've always felt it was too easy.

They need to bring back morale and player interests. That way if they are pissed, they are less likely or even impossible to sign unless, maybe, if you drastically overpay, or franchise them if they are average (which is basically the same thing).

Plus, they need to value high talent more, and even "just good" talent at more important/rare positions. Rare-and-good skillsets also need to be paid more, like a great blocking WR who's also a good pure receiver, a quick and power OLineman, a FB that runs and catches like a HB, etc.

It would also allow for refusals due to playing time, making it harder to keep stud starting and backup players. The stud backups will want to go somewhere to start and if you try to keep both happy, you might tick off both as neither gets the time they want.

As long as it's just Push X, set how many years YOU want them for, and then just up the money until they accept - it will always be too easy, imo.

Some of these contracts seems oddly structured. I know they are backloaded, but I'm paying Ngata about 4 M this year, and then $14 in 4 years (something like that), it's like...why so uneven?

Why isn't it like $8 now and $14 in 4 years? That would make me think more now instead of just 4 years from now when I may have drafted-and-developed/signed/traded-for his replacement by that time.

It's also too easy to get away with keeping guys on their rookie contracts. No holdouts anymore. That needs to come back too. CJ's hold out and DJax's threat and Crabtree a few years back - that needs to happen again in Franchise.

Last edited by KBLover; 09-20-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:42 AM   #4
Rookie

strife1013's Arena

OVR: 0

I agree with you. I have decided until EA fixes the issue I will just look at other veterans around the same rating, and pay them an average if what their counter parts make. Or I can go to free agency for my top players and see what the computer will offer for them and pay that amount. That way I can't keep everyone and allows me to draft for future great players. I've also decided that my first round picks will get 5 year contracts, 2nd get four year, third and below get 3 years unless I want my lower picks at one year contracts.

It's a fix for EAs crappy AI. A high rated veteran playing for 750k for one year is unrealistic.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:41 AM   #5
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Make rules for yourself. Allow only a certain amount to be offered if they decline the first offer. If they don't bite, you have to back off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2011, 08:54 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

the crappy thing i have found is that even when you want to follow a more realistic contract re-signing, you can't. there are certain players that you can't even up the signing bonus. i think we should at least have the freedom to pay them the way they should.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:09 AM   #7
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Concur, re-signing your FA's is easier than I can EVER recall in prior years.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:10 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by danstenz14
the crappy thing i have found is that even when you want to follow a more realistic contract re-signing, you can't. there are certain players that you can't even up the signing bonus. i think we should at least have the freedom to pay them the way they should.
Never understood that. What agent would say "nah, we won't take any more than X million in signing bonus?" That's the guaranteed money, which is big in contracts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »