Home

Injury Setting

This is a discussion on Injury Setting within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2011, 07:43 PM   #1
Rookie

strife1013's Arena

OVR: 0
Injury Setting

Does the injury setting slider only effect simmed games, or is it only in game, or both?

Answer: I tested it out myself and edited it to zero and still got simmed injuries. So in the settings it's only related to games you play....I wonder how to turn it down for simmed games.

Last edited by strife1013; 09-19-2011 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Tested it myself
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2011, 09:11 AM   #2
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8
Thumbs up Re: Injury Setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife1013
I wonder how to turn it down for simmed games.

Very easy answer to that question, you can't .

That's why I don't bother with the injury slider - it is all but useless. I don't really care if I see a few injuries in my games, that seems to happen less often anyway because you generally outplay the cpu and take less "brutal" hits etc.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:19 AM   #3
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Injury Setting

I dropped my injury slider to 30 and restarted my chise and it seemed I did reduce injuries, but the real NFL is similarly crazy with injuries too. Don't know if you ddrop that slider lower and compared to IRL if you wouldn't be close.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:52 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Somewhere in the beginning of the chise you have an option to turn off sim injuries. I always do that, then again I control all 32 teams and play every game. I don't think the injury slider affects simmed games at all. Only the "sim injuries: yes, no" option.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 09-20-2011, 12:28 PM   #5
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Somewhere in the beginning of the chise you have an option to turn off sim injuries. I always do that, then again I control all 32 teams and play every game. I don't think the injury slider affects simmed games at all. Only the "sim injuries: yes, no" option.

You can definitely turn "sim injuries off" any time you want during the franchise, however the slider has absolutely no effect whatsoever on simmed games (confirmed by EA posters, and tested by countless people).

Any effect you think you are getting for simmed games is just in your head, or RNG for a few simmed games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2011, 01:53 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah I figured this last week. It kinda sucks because in my franchise sim injuries seem to happen way too often. I see some teams with as many as TEN players injured with 3-6 players on IR. RARELY do I see a team with less than 2 injured players at a given point in the season.

My solution: Turn the 'sim injuries' option on and off throughout the season. I like to turn it on for the first 5 weeks (before the trade deadline) because injuries can force some teams to trade draft picks for much needed backup talent. This is a nice little twist that I think is somewhat realistic, if free-agents aren't available then a team (especially one that has high hopes for the playoffs) will hit the trade block to fill their void.

So try turning sim injuries on for weeks 1-6. Then turn them off for the remainder of the season. Chances are, with the simulation system as F'd up as it is, you'll get enough injuries in 6 weeks as most NFL teams usually get all season. If you don't like that idea, try one week on, one week off. Turning sim injuries on and off every other week, or maybe every two weeks? Whatever you feel adds or subtracts realism to your franchise, depending on your opinion of how many injuries a team should usually have.

I tried the first 6 weeks on, then turned it off for weeks 7-12, then on for weeks 13, 14, 15 and finally off for the final two weeks of the season. This was probably the most realistic injury occurance I saw while playing an off-line franchise [playing user with 1 team for their entire 16 game schedule, while simming the other 31 teams]. I ended up having to put one star player on IR [Sidney Rice of the Seattle Seahawks] which was pretty realistic since Rice is prone to injuries. While I had other players get injured here and there, but nothing ridiculous like losing an entire offensive line to injuries as I've seen in the past when I kept sim injuries on the entire time.

Oh and I keep my injury slider at 40-45. 50 was just too much.

Or, if you REAAALLLY want realism, you can turn on the edit player setting and go through every player in the league and up their injury setting by 10 pts. I found that a player who has an injury of 65 or below gets injured WAY too much. Even if they're prone to injuries in real life (think Reggie Bush or Bob Sanders) they still seem to get injured much more easily than real life. Bob Sanders ended up on IR nearly every season, playing less than 3 games a season for five years when I simmed a franchise for over seven seasons [he played to the age of 35, then retired]. That's just ridiculous. Sure he gets hurt easy, but he's not THAT prone to injuries. Jeez!

Anyway, it may take a long time to go thru every player and increase their injury rating by 10 pts, but it will definitely pay off in the end when you can play your franchise without worrying about the sim injuries. When a team has too many injuries, they'll sign free-agents, but I find that eventually they end up destroying their depth charts. It sucks when you play against a team that has an offensive or defensive line with an average OVR rating of 68. Just too damn easy!!
Old 09-22-2011, 10:31 AM   #7
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zowert
My solution: Turn the 'sim injuries' option on and off throughout the season.

Yep I do it similarly to how you detailed, I turn injuries on and off throughout the season to stagger them, but more often at the beginning - usually around 4 weeks on out of the first 6, and then another 3 or so total. Any more than that and the entire NFL is in the hospital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zowert

Anyway, it may take a long time to go thru every player and increase their injury rating by 10 pts, but it will definitely pay off in the end when you can play your franchise without worrying about the sim injuries.
Obviously you would really only need to do the starters, but jeez that would take forever, and you would need to do EVERY draft class too which would clear their roles (and the roles every every player in the game the first season you did it >.<). Seems rough - I think alternating injury weeks seems good enough :P.

Last edited by Pandetta; 09-22-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #8
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

What appears to be happening in my chise is CPU teams are experiencing alot of injuries regardless of slider sets, but my team is very much affected by the sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »