Home

For us gamers happy with Madden this year

This is a discussion on For us gamers happy with Madden this year within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: For us gamers happy with Madden this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Has really worked well with our 20 man OF. The list of things you can do in OF via their site is huge. I am also with you that the live stat tracking that is done via LM brings the OF to life. Power Rankings and full stat board is amazing.
Thank you guys very much! LM Owner and creator Derek Adams has been killing it with his late night coding sessions. Free Agency tool is now live and is absolutely killer!

This Madden is by far the best I have ever played, I tried to tell people when I played early builds at Tiburon but no one would listen lol.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #74
Rookie

jack58's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Please go to the slider section and read through some of the sets. They really explain how you can create sliders and what to expect. It is tricky but once you understand it it is fine.

Example. You select all pro level. Now if you only touch the cpu sliders and do not touch the human sliders. The level will say ALL Pro, and this works for every level.

Now if you do want to touch the human sliders you must stay within the range or lower of each category so the game will continue to play at that level, but it will no longer state all pro. It will say custom. Again stay within the range or lower and the level will still play as the level you have chosen.

You go over the range and it will default to rookie.

Example each category on all pro equals 150. Each category has 3 sections. Each section is 50.

Category :Pass
Sections:
QB accuaracy:50
WR catch:50
Pass Block:50
equals 150.

Now I want to edit it. I must keep the total value at 150 or lower
QB accuaracy:30
WR catch:40
Pass Block:40
equals: 110 The game will still play on All pro.

I go over the range and the game will default to rookie.
QB accuaracy:55
Pass Block:55
equals 160.

I like just selecting the level and only adjusting the cpu sliders. You can really achieve what you want going this route.

On all madden the only problem I get is the human defense drops way too many interceptions.

ON AllPro just raise the cpu sliders in the areas you fill needs some boost. On All madden drop the sliders in the areas you feel they are to over powered.

Just some tips for you when you approach setting your sliders.

Oh yes and the speed of the game plays a roll on difficulty. The faster the game speed the faster your decision must be. Passing windows and runinng lanes on how fast they become available really are different on the speed you choose.

I play on very fast, so my windows open and close very qucikly
Thanks for the feedback but it didn't mean to come across as not understanding sliders. I've been playing Madden for many, many years and have created many slider sets that others have also enjoyed. I simply thought asking about slider sets in a thread full of gamers happy with M12 might give me a good lead on current sets. As I said, in sets I have created I usually end up somewhere between all-pro and all-madden ... always slanted towards making the game a bit more difficult than all-pro, yet as realistic as possible.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:08 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Please go to the slider section and read through some of the sets. They really explain how you can create sliders and what to expect. It is tricky but once you understand it it is fine.

Example. You select all pro level. Now if you only touch the cpu sliders and do not touch the human sliders. The level will say ALL Pro, and this works for every level.

Now if you do want to touch the human sliders you must stay within the range or lower of each category so the game will continue to play at that level, but it will no longer state all pro. It will say custom. Again stay within the range or lower and the level will still play as the level you have chosen.

You go over the range and it will default to rookie.

Example each category on all pro equals 150. Each category has 3 sections. Each section is 50.

Category :Pass
Sections:
QB accuaracy:50
Pass Block:50
equals 150.

Now I want to edit it. I must keep the total value at 150 or lower
QB accuaracy:30
WR catch:40
Pass Block:40
equals: 110 The game will still play on All pro.

I go over the range and the game will default to rookie.
QB accuaracy:55
Pass Block:55
equals 160.

I like just selecting the level and only adjusting the cpu sliders. You can really achieve what you want going this route.

On all madden the only problem I get is the human defense drops way too many interceptions.

ON AllPro just raise the cpu sliders in the areas you fill needs some boost. On All madden drop the sliders in the areas you feel they are to over powered.

Just some tips for you when you approach setting your sliders.

Oh yes and the speed of the game plays a roll on difficulty. The faster the game speed the faster your decision must be. Passing windows and runinng lanes on how fast they become available really are different on the speed you choose.

I play on very fast, so my windows open and close very qucikly
is this a theory or fact?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2011, 09:35 PM   #76
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
is this a theory or fact?
100% fact.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:39 PM   #77
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack58
Thanks for the feedback but it didn't mean to come across as not understanding sliders. I've been playing Madden for many, many years and have created many slider sets that others have also enjoyed. I simply thought asking about slider sets in a thread full of gamers happy with M12 might give me a good lead on current sets. As I said, in sets I have created I usually end up somewhere between all-pro and all-madden ... always slanted towards making the game a bit more difficult than all-pro, yet as realistic as possible.
Hey man no problem, sorry about the confusion. I'm working on all madden level. Right now the colts have me down 24-3 in the 3rd qtr. Peyton is being a pain. I have to really mix up my blitz packages. Man if I try and stay basic on his a$$ he is eating me up. The only thing I see right now is the brake tackle for the CPU might be just a tad high. One or two notches should aid that. I will fix it when the game is over.

Wish me luck I still have another half to go lol. I play 10 min qtrs so I might have a chance.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:51 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Anyway why are you really enjoying Madden?
Sliders feel a bit more...stable I guess. It seems easier for me to tweak things to get them more like I like them/more realistic productions/stats/gameplay (meaning the game plays plausibly like the NFL, not to so much user control optimized, etc - I don't want realistic sack numbers because guys are getting too much/too little time in the pocket. I don't want tons of broken tackles so backs can get 4 ypc, etc).

When I saw my sliders weren't too far off from the average of Playmaker's numbers, I knew these were better than M10s. M10 - I couldn't seem to get anything to work exactly right, and some things I just couldn't mitigate. M12 - seems much better (either that or M12 is just better "under the hood" than M10).

Heck, I even enjoy Very Fast. Testing Normal now, and I might like it better or maybe Fast, but I never ever thought I'd even consider playing on Very Fast, let alone see myself liking how it turned out.

I do like the adds to Franchise. Not perfect, needs some tweaks, but it's a step forward. It gives me some hope that M13 will carry it forward some more.

Last edited by KBLover; 09-22-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:51 AM   #79
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Hey man no problem, sorry about the confusion. I'm working on all madden level. Right now the colts have me down 24-3 in the 3rd qtr. Peyton is being a pain. I have to really mix up my blitz packages. Man if I try and stay basic on his a$$ he is eating me up. The only thing I see right now is the brake tackle for the CPU might be just a tad high. One or two notches should aid that. I will fix it when the game is over.

Wish me luck I still have another half to go lol. I play 10 min qtrs so I might have a chance.
yes im quoting myself. I have a update. I started turing this up in the 2nd half but came up short. 42-34. The game played out great for me. I loved it. Oh well im 0-2 now with my settings and I wont stop till i get a win
Old 09-23-2011, 01:05 AM   #80
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Sliders feel a bit more...stable I guess. It seems easier for me to tweak things to get them more like I like them/more realistic productions/stats/gameplay (meaning the game plays plausibly like the NFL, not to so much user control optimized, etc - I don't want realistic sack numbers because guys are getting too much/too little time in the pocket. I don't want tons of broken tackles so backs can get 4 ypc, etc).

When I saw my sliders weren't too far off from the average of Playmaker's numbers, I knew these were better than M10s. M10 - I couldn't seem to get anything to work exactly right, and some things I just couldn't mitigate. M12 - seems much better (either that or M12 is just better "under the hood" than M10).

Heck, I even enjoy Very Fast. Testing Normal now, and I might like it better or maybe Fast, but I never ever thought I'd even consider playing on Very Fast, let alone see myself liking how it turned out.

I do like the adds to Franchise. Not perfect, needs some tweaks, but it's a step forward. It gives me some hope that M13 will carry it forward some more.
Wasup KB always nice to hear from you. I went from very fast to fast , and now im back on very fast and staying there. One thing I learned was play very fast on a wide or zoom camera makes the speed look smoother. Check it out when you get a chance.

Here are the setting im playing on right now.

Im 0-2 but for me the games felt real nice, and penalties have cost me. The settings I play with are not for everybody, but give them a try if you like.

On my Cardinals game I received 3 roughing the passer penalties that kept the drives alive, and they capitalized on them. Now 2 of them were legit. My guy nailed the crap out of the QB, but there was one I felt the ref was to touchy on it, but that happens

Quarter Length: 10 Minutes
Accelerated Clock: 20 seconds
Injuries: 27
Fatigue: 80
Speed: Very Fast or fast
Min Speed Threshold: 75
Camera: Wide (This helps with very fast looking smoother)

Penalties:

Offsides: 56
False start: 57
Holding: 54 or 55
Face mask: 55
Def and Off. pass interference: 95
Clipping: 54
Intentional Grounding: 75
Roughing the passer: 54 or 55
Roughing the kicker: 54

Skill Level is All Madden
CPU Skill

Passing
QB Accuracy: 38
Pass Blocking: 9
WR Catching: 39

Rushing
Break tackle: 30
Run blocking: 32
Fumbles: 9

Pass Defense
Reaction time: 39
Interceptions: 39
Pass rush: 9

Rush Defense
Reaction time: 39
Block shedding: 39
Tackling: 9

Special teams
FG Power: 52
FG Accuracy: 35
Punt Power: 40
Punt Accuracy: 50
Kickoff Power: 50

Player slider stay untouched with all of them being at 25.

Iam on a mission to win a game with this set.

Lost 42 to 34. Colts vs the Chiefs. I was the Chiefs. Then I played the Cardinals vs the Vikings and I lost 34 to 17. I was the Cardinals.

In the Colts game. I scored in so many ways it was awesome. Kickoff return the wildcat, and the rst was solid drives. What blew me away was how the feel of the game went down. Colts jumped all over me in the 1st half. I was down 24-3 at the half. Then I finally scored making it 24-10. Then they scored a Fg making it 27-10. Then I started getting momentum and making big stops. Got right back into the game. With slightly under 2 minutes left 3rd down. Peyton audible his play and made a great call on me and Addai took it to the house, and put the game out of reach. When I got the ball back I was trying to put something together, but their defense shut the door on me.

It was awesome . Both games i played felt great and I lost. That's crazy

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 09-28-2011 at 01:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »