Home

For us gamers happy with Madden this year

This is a discussion on For us gamers happy with Madden this year within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2011, 02:33 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: For us gamers happy with Madden this year

MLB The Show's forum doesn't have this problem. You know why?

They put out a quality product. The end.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #26
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnel
MLB The Show's forum doesn't have this problem. You know why?

They put out a quality product. The end.

LOL! There are quite a few gripers over there as well, myself included. They arent as bad as madden, but they have a lot of glaring stuff as well that is unrealistic.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:57 PM   #27
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Count me in to this list. I've completely tossed NCAA to the side this year (and if you know me....that's UNHEARD OF). That should say it all, right there.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 09-20-2011, 03:05 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: For us Happy Gamers with Madden Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Hey Ty, what's up.

I know what you mean, bro. Someone tried to start a new thread yesterday about how 12 is getting closer to representing the NFL and even stated they know it has it's shortcomings.

I'm enjoying Madden 12 because of the better tackling and less suction this year. I love the new camera angles too.(please bring camera lock to Madden) I don't see much physic LB's or DB's as last year. The zone D is and flat coverage is better this year.
Can you use the new camera angles to play during franchise mode? I haven't tinkered much with settings yet and here I am in week 15... lol. I would love to try them out though.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:45 PM   #29
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
Tyrant, how the hell did my Seahawks get a jump on you?? Were you asleep, did you leave the room, what? lol

Sliders..yes, I use base All Pro and adjusted CPU up offensively to 65 for everything, and put interceptions at 20, threshold at 35, gamespeed 'slow', and it's working very well for me so far.
hahaha yea I know its funny but It happened.

Man Bradshaw fumbled twice on me , and I threw a pic. Those 3 turnovers there had me down 20-0.

It all happened early in the game and I play 10 min qtrs, so I did not panic and I pretty much shut them down for the rest of the game. I beat the 42 to 27. You can bet I was holding down the heck out of the RB button so I dont fumble anymore lol.

With just 5 minutes left in the game it was 28-27, but 2 interceptions by the Seahawks gave me 14 more points. Short field due to the pics.

It was a blast. I now play the Raiders with the texans. Im very anxious to see how this plays out. On very fast speed if I make just one slight mistake on a angle or read on a play It can be all over for me lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
"Happy" is a strong word but I am liking this Madden far more than any Madden, ever.

I really enjoy when Madden 12 teaches me something new about NFL football, that I thought didn't exist. Watching a NFL game and being surprised how Madden 12 did a good job of replicating some of the same things, always makes me laugh at myself. Like last night when the Rams came out in that "cheesy" no huddle against the Giants, Madden online is all I thought about and there was a real NFL team doing the same thing. lol

Also, I didn't initially put much stock in the big deal made about realistic colors but recently I have been caught admiring the way colors differ. Like last year I really couldn't tell the difference between the Redskins various shades of burgundy but this year when wearing their throwback helmets with current uniforms, I definitely notice the difference. Not to sound like a marketing hack but the colors really do "pop".

EDIT: I forgot to ask the OP, can you start an Online community with your slider sets so people that want play under them online can? I would like to see how they play User v User online.
Being that this set was done for when I play the CPU I dont know how well it will fair when its human vs human, but Ill post it up.

I will let you know when I do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoonie05
The haters is hating this topic right now lol
maybe it will give them a different perspective. You never know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Not only do colors stand out for me, but the fields do as well. It's my first Madden in years, but I love how the different grass fields look different and isn't all the same field. Unless of course I'm crazy and this isn't actually happening. But I'm certain it is.
No it is different. I love it also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
I've begun some threads on things madden does right myself. Glad to see this one. Yeah I've got my gripes about the game but overall I think it's the best next gen game and is only a few things away from the best ever for me. I'd like to see the cpu make less big plays then it does now, fix some animations (leaping Lb's) and add some immersive stuff to franchise.

I'm loving the tackling system, the animations and graphics in general, even the commentary seems better than last year (still has a bit to go). It's also the best "out of the box" madden I"ve ever played. Usually I need tons of slider adjustments. This is a good version in my opinion. It could be GREAT next year if some fixes are made.
Your right this is the best madden right out of the box. Im with you next year will be real nice.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:52 PM   #30
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

OVR: 23

I love the game. I just turned 27 and been playing video games since nintendo era. Technology is creating games has developed so much, and I'm just happy to have what we have these days. At this rate we'll have an another NFL in PS or Xbox world that would look so real. We didn't have HDTV or online gaming, patches, roster update etc...Kids these days are just too d**n spolied and don't understand/appreciate what they have. Compare to those nintendo days, this madden is like a dream come true lol
Old 09-20-2011, 04:11 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ninja
I love the game. I just turned 27 and been playing video games since nintendo era. Technology is creating games has developed so much, and I'm just happy to have what we have these days. At this rate we'll have an another NFL in PS or Xbox world that would look so real. We didn't have HDTV or online gaming, patches, roster update etc...Kids these days are just too d**n spolied and don't understand/appreciate what they have. Compare to those nintendo days, this madden is like a dream come true lol
I'm about the same age as you and I'd have to disagree slightly. The NES games back then had a much higher fun factor and "replayability" than games today. I still like to play Tecmo Super Bowl, Mike Tyson's Punchout, Excite Bike, and sometimes, Zelda too. The graphics sucked but gameplay ruled...today it's almost the complete opposite.

Back on topic. I actually get excited to play Madden 12 now. That hasn't happened in a LONG time. I had a really exciting game against the Ravens as the 49ers. Threw a TD pass in the back of the endzone and the refs had to gather for the call with 2 seconds left in the game. My sliders are pretty good...I feel like each game is completely different. However, I don't like the UDFA issue and I feel like there are too many season ending injuries especially to starting QBs. Also, some of the animations bug me like the one where the players constantly run into each other after the play, but other than that it's a really good game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2011, 04:42 PM   #32
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I've got to stop reading these threads. Seriously though, I'm glad to hear you guys are enjoying the game. The negative crowd is always more vocal than the positive crowd. Just look at the NCAA boards, lol. I'm still playing NCAA (yes, I know of the issues but I work around it and just enjoy the game for what it is) but I pretty much steer clear of the boards because there's just so much negativity there that it almost rubs off on you.

I know the same to be true here as well. It's good to see people like Roadman, Trojan Man, Lieutenant Dan, Tyrant and a few others post here because these are guys that have been around (like me) these parts for a long time. If they are enjoying the game, that is good news for me. I'm still waiting on a price drop, but I'm growing more convinced that when I do pick up Madden 12, I will enjoy it.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »