Home

For us gamers happy with Madden this year

This is a discussion on For us gamers happy with Madden this year within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2011, 01:39 PM   #65
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: For us gamers happy with Madden this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
First Madden I have enjoyed and played this much in like a decade.
100% with you on this. This is the first Madden I have played past the first week of the regular season in years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2011, 02:08 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 2

Im very new to this site, and the positive reviews do help somewhat with someone on the fence like me when it comes to loving or hating this game. Not to say I cant make up my own mind, but it helps to read people that are enjoying the game rather than "the super LBs suck, Ea is lazy" etc. etc.

That being said, I am at this time hating the game. The deal breaker for me is not the super LBs, not the rain every game, its the fact that almost every passing down there is never a pocket formed. The RE and LE get sucked into their animations never to release, and the DTs both shed their blocks simultaneously therfore no stepping up in the pocket. This drives me INSANE. And, I truly believe that the sliders do not work. I have tinkered and tinkered away with them since August 30. When I finally think I have my settings I get torched for 10 sacks .....

Im really trying to like it. It has lots going for it. My faith was renewed back in lat August when people got the game early. Post after post read..wow what a difference from the demo, its so smooth etc. I wished that to really be the case.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #67
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmit_95
Im very new to this site, and the positive reviews do help somewhat with someone on the fence like me when it comes to loving or hating this game. Not to say I cant make up my own mind, but it helps to read people that are enjoying the game rather than "the super LBs suck, Ea is lazy" etc. etc.

That being said, I am at this time hating the game. The deal breaker for me is not the super LBs, not the rain every game, its the fact that almost every passing down there is never a pocket formed. The RE and LE get sucked into their animations never to release, and the DTs both shed their blocks simultaneously therfore no stepping up in the pocket. This drives me INSANE. And, I truly believe that the sliders do not work. I have tinkered and tinkered away with them since August 30. When I finally think I have my settings I get torched for 10 sacks .....

Im really trying to like it. It has lots going for it. My faith was renewed back in lat August when people got the game early. Post after post read..wow what a difference from the demo, its so smooth etc. I wished that to really be the case.

All that I can tell you is that you and I have had a very different experience with the game.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
All that I can tell you is that you and I have had a very different experience with the game.
I hear you man, and Im a long time Madden vet, this is the first time its ever happend to me consistently every game. I could accept it because in the NFL you only have 3- seconds to throw the ball. If they fixed the Defensive ends pressuring and didnt make the DTs so explosive id be loving it right now.

Who knows, maybe Im just getting old....
Old 09-22-2011, 02:19 PM   #69
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack58
Long-time reader, first time poster .... VERY good to see a "positive" thread here! Always amazed me how negative posts could get on this (and other forums).

I'm behind this year and have yet to pick up M12, but I plan to later this week. I usually make a set of sliders myself, but thought it made sense to check in with you gamers that are happy with M12. Are most of you using PM's sliders, or do some of you have your own set to recommend? I typically end up with settings somewhere between all-pro and all-madden. Usually start at default all-pro and tweak from there to provide a more challenging & realistic game.

Anyway, thanks for any tips, it's refreshing to see the positive feedback!
Please go to the slider section and read through some of the sets. They really explain how you can create sliders and what to expect. It is tricky but once you understand it it is fine.

Example. You select all pro level. Now if you only touch the cpu sliders and do not touch the human sliders. The level will say ALL Pro, and this works for every level.

Now if you do want to touch the human sliders you must stay within the range or lower of each category so the game will continue to play at that level, but it will no longer state all pro. It will say custom. Again stay within the range or lower and the level will still play as the level you have chosen.

You go over the range and it will default to rookie.

Example each category on all pro equals 150. Each category has 3 sections. Each section is 50.

Category :Pass
Sections:
QB accuaracy:50
WR catch:50
Pass Block:50
equals 150.

Now I want to edit it. I must keep the total value at 150 or lower
QB accuaracy:30
WR catch:40
Pass Block:40
equals: 110 The game will still play on All pro.

I go over the range and the game will default to rookie.
QB accuaracy:55
WR catch:50
Pass Block:55
equals 160.

I like just selecting the level and only adjusting the cpu sliders. You can really achieve what you want going this route.

On all madden the only problem I get is the human defense drops way too many interceptions.

ON AllPro just raise the cpu sliders in the areas you fill needs some boost. On All madden drop the sliders in the areas you feel they are to over powered.

Just some tips for you when you approach setting your sliders.

Oh yes and the speed of the game plays a roll on difficulty. The faster the game speed the faster your decision must be. Passing windows and runinng lanes on how fast they become available really are different on the speed you choose.

I play on very fast, so my windows open and close very qucikly
Old 09-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #70
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:

How are you setting up your sliders? I know what you talking about, but I no longer go through this.

Now I never believed there should be a pocket every 2 plays etc etc. When I watch a NFL game I never really see a pocket. I see them stepping up into a open area but it doesnt look like a pocket to me , but more like a lane.

Stunts and how the defensive line rushes , combined with the strenght and moves executed to me leads to a crowded mess. Some lineman get pushed further than others and to me I do not see many pockets due to this.

Again how did you create your sldiers?
Old 09-22-2011, 02:39 PM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
How are you setting up your sliders? I know what you talking about, but I no longer go through this.

Now I never believed there should be a pocket every 2 plays etc etc. When I watch a NFL game I never really see a pocket. I see them stepping up into a open area but it doesnt look like a pocket to me , but more like a lane.

Stunts and how the defensive line rushes , combined with the strenght and moves executed to me leads to a crowded mess. Some lineman get pushed further than others and to me I do not see many pockets due to this.

Again how did you create your sldiers?
Hey man, totally agree with you on the pocket...a lane is a much better description. Ive tried all the slider methods in the slider forums...what i have stayed with, though is keeping the level on all pro and bumping the cpu up or down accordingly...ive had block shedding down to 15 and the DTs still just plunge stright ahead forcing me to roll out or get sacked....waaaay more often that it should happen. And I know, its just a game, but Madden 10 was almost perfect in the regard that a true pocket formed when it shouldve. Thanks for the response buddy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2011, 03:50 PM   #72
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Hey man, totally agree with you on the pocket...a lane is a much better description. Ive tried all the slider methods in the slider forums...what i have stayed with, though is keeping the level on all pro and bumping the cpu up or down accordingly...ive had block shedding down to 15 and the DTs still just plunge stright ahead forcing me to roll out or get sacked....waaaay more often that it should happen. And I know, its just a game, but Madden 10 was almost perfect in the regard that a true pocket formed when it shouldve. Thanks for the response buddy.
Ok great we agree on the lane being the better description than pocket COOL

This is what I look for when I set my sldiers. I will admit I do not look for the same things you do. I look for timing. How long a normal 3 man rush or 4 man rush gets to my QB.

Then I look for how often do they get there almost instantly, because there are times a team can put a great rush just using 4 depending on their personal, and match ups.

Once I ge the balance I like. I just roll with that. Then I do the same for myself.

This way when you want to put pressure you need to blitz. In the NFL the truth is you want to but pressure on the QB you have to blitz, or not they pick you apart.

I want at times 2.5 to 4 seconds with a normal rush, and every 4 to 5 times I can get a nice quick rush with just rushing 4.

Now when I want a instant rush I must gample and blitz.

This is what I strive for when Making my sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »