Home

I cant stand the defense on madden!!!

This is a discussion on I cant stand the defense on madden!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2011, 12:00 PM   #33
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: I cant stand the defense on madden!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Not off hand....due a youtube search for madden tutorials...I think there was a guy called zenmaster or something like that. I learned alot but one thing stuck and almost eliminated picks for me..."let the guy clear the LB's"....I think of it on every crossing and slant pattern.
Thanks! That is a very valuable tip, too. I was playing last night and noticed this exact thing. I get to antsy in the pocket and throw those stupid picks right to to MLB. I know this happens to some people, and they initially feel like it's BS and they didn't intend to throw it right at them...but in hindsight, generally, if I just had more patience in the pocket and let the WR get past the LB, I would have had an easy completion.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:56 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfindeisen
Thanks! That is a very valuable tip, too. I was playing last night and noticed this exact thing. I get to antsy in the pocket and throw those stupid picks right to to MLB. I know this happens to some people, and they initially feel like it's BS and they didn't intend to throw it right at them...but in hindsight, generally, if I just had more patience in the pocket and let the WR get past the LB, I would have had an easy completion.

Your welcome glad to help....the tutorials on there...some are really good. This single handedly made my passing game go to frustrating, to almost too easy. The game has weaknesses with middle of the field coverage anyway so now I pretty much complete these passes as will. Only a pass rush, bad route or some trick D (lineman drops back and I missed it) derails me.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 09-21-2011, 02:50 PM   #35
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaints7
I can throw a ball, all we can do is press a button, it isnt real life you pleb.
It's not just pressing a button. It's how much pressure you use on that button (arc) and WHEN you press it. It's also moving the stick and again, how much pressure you put on that stick.

It's also reading the defense and knowing your routes and personnel.

Saying "it's just pressing a button" is a huge reduction and might explain why you're having a problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2011, 02:57 PM   #36
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7

Just do what everyone else does, and cheese slant patterns all game.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:22 PM   #37
Rookie

mellamoaaron's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
With the combination of psychic DBs and superjumping LBs interceptions are really frustrating this year. I looked at some of the replays and I noticed that the defensive player puts a lot more effort into making the catch than the WR does... I've seen numerous plays where the DB jumps out in front of the WR and makes the INT while the WR watches on.

I just lowered the INT slider to 5 and I'm pretty happy with that. I still throw pics but its 0-2 a game with the occasional 3 pic game... not like the 4-5 pic fiascos before. I also haven't seen any-super-LB-behind-the-back-one-hand ints on this setting either.
Are you using user catch like you should be doing? What I do is switch to the player, strafe into position to shield the DB from the ball and then I make the catch. Try doing that and you should see a big reduction of interceptions.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #38
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellamoaaron
Are you using user catch like you should be doing? What I do is switch to the player, strafe into position to shield the DB from the ball and then I make the catch. Try doing that and you should see a big reduction of interceptions.
Would this be considered "Rocket Catching"? The reason I ask is because the only time I noticed my receiver not jumping to make an attempt on the ball is when the pass is thrown "long". So if someone uses the strafe to jump and catch the ball short of the "ball spot", isn't that RC?
Old 09-21-2011, 05:22 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3

I can't get any sacks with Demarcus Ware whether I control him or let the CPU do it on offline franchise mode. I can get sacks with interior linemen but not Demarcus Ware. I don't understand. He's the most dominate pass rusher the Cowboys have.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #40
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Hot route your defenders if you make shifts. Certain blitzes have LB's assigned to certain gaps, so if you shift them then they'll still attempt to go to that gap.

Regardless though, the whole "no suction" thing gets overridden by the engaging animations. It's really not much of an improvement when you see your MLB start to shoot through an open A gap then turns 90* to engage a center instead of running by him. Hopefully Madden in the future drops the animation garbage like this. It really hurts the game when you go locked into the useless ones, same as WR making a long catch attempt while a DB undercuts a route, resulting in you not being able to even attempt to stop the DB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
If I want to change the rush angle of the DL, I use the Crash/Pinch/Edge Rush (L1, R-Stick) options. I usually shift/spread/pinch (L1, D-Pad) only to match an unbalanced line or if I expect a run in that direction (spread to help stop off-tackle/edge runs, pinch to stop dives, shift left/right to dedicate to stopping pitches/sweeps to the side I shift to). Only other time I shift is to try to create confusion on the opposing OL. I might shift right, crash left, and I called a LB blitz right (say a Will-Jack blitz out of the 3-4).

But yea, I've seen the engagement animation like that. It gets really annoying on pass rushes. Run blocking, I don't see it as much (or at least not bothered by it as much). Might be sliders for me since I have run blocking a bit lower than pass blocking.
Thanks for the suggestions.

I am trying to fight being a sore loser and noticing more wrong when I lose than when I win. lol

I just played a game in an online franchise and had a blast. However, I am trying to figure out if that was because it was a "good game" where my defense made better plays from me trying some of you guys suggestions or was it mainly fun because I won.

Madden 12 is really causing me to psychoanalyze myself. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »