Home

Help with Drastic Franchise Makeover

This is a discussion on Help with Drastic Franchise Makeover within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
Rookie

elijah53johnston's Arena

OVR: 3
Help with Drastic Franchise Makeover

Alright this should be interesting. My goal is to make the eagles are power run offense and a 3/4 defense. Here is the Catch I want to have a really young team with a lot of draft picks so I can picks my own players for my system through the draft. if you can give me some thought on any roster moves that would be great.

P.S. No player is off limits from a trade and they don't have to be realistic ex: I'm willing to trade Vick or Nmadi
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
Rookie

raggBAGG's Arena

OVR: 2
Achieve the ultimate goal of every teams first round pick.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:29 PM   #3
Rookie

elijah53johnston's Arena

Re: Help with Drastic Franchise Makeover

lol i tried that once but they have a 20 draft picks limit.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:33 PM   #4
Rookie

elijah53johnston's Arena

but in all seriousness do you have any ideas to help me out?
Old 09-20-2011, 03:43 PM   #5
Rookie

elijah53johnston's Arena

besides roster moves any coaching tips , like the coaching scheme, audibles, and auto subs would be helpful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2011, 04:13 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijah53johnston
but in all seriousness do you have any ideas to help me out?
This is only pertaining to you if you are planning to play deep into the future.

Well first off you are going to need to get bigger on defense. You'll have a lot of base talent with the Eagles to with with: Babin, Cole, Samuels, Namdi, DRC, Cullen Jenkins. Jenkins could easily shift from DT to DE for the 3-4 but Babin and Cole have got to go. I think you could trade them separately (along w another player) to anyone for a couple solid 3-4 Ends or OLBs. Up the middle id stay put with Casey Matthews, he gives you a solid guy to hold down what is going to likely be a work in progress LB group.

DT:
This is the key to the 3-4, you got to go out and get a Raji, Knighton or a Wilfork.

DBs:
since the rest of the team will be in rebuilding mode id keep Namdi to hold it all down, and id also keep DRC so that you have a speed corner who will make plays (they will have to challenge him a lot). I wouldnt worry about Safeties, they are easy to address in the draft.

QBs:
I would definitely ship out vick in exchange for a young QB, maybe even for of the 2010 draft guys, just make sure you get some draft picks or guys to fit your system.

TE:
Celek will need to be shopped out of town, maybe look at the Gronkowskis from NE.

WR:
Id keep either Maclin or Jackson, but not both. Id also ship out Steve Smith. your going to need to find Benn from Tampa, James Baldwin, or Julio Jones, solid young guys who have the ability to be physical. Id also trade Schmidt (FB) for a run blocker like Vonta Leach. Since Jackson is your biggest trade draw i would definitely use him to pull in a top shelf LB like Von Miller or Aldon Smith....

If you trade your strong points to teams who need that position, in exhange for positions that other teams have surpluses at, I think you should be able to find a way to create something like this:

FS:Page
SS:Coleman
CB:Namdi
CBRC
SLB:Akeem Ayers(Ten)
MLB:Matthews
MLB:Colin McCarthy(Ten) Babin+pix/ plyrs could get Ayers+mcCarthy)
WLB:Von Miller(Broncos) (Jackson deal)
DE:Jenkins
DT:Knighton (Trent Cole Deal)
DE: Dareus (vick trade?)

WR:Benn
WR:Jones (Maclin Deal)
TE:Gronkowski (Celek / Steve Smith pix/players)
TE:Gronkowski
FB:Leach
RB:McCoy
QB: Deal vick for any game manager + draft picks. If you could find a way to deal Vick and a draft pick or another player for Fitzpatrick + Dareus u would be stacked.

Everything else you can attack in the draft, just make sure u go for depth on the DL and OL and keep your team strong and physical. Find a QB who just manages games, WRs who run routes, and RBs who dont fumble and break tackles, dont focus so much on speed...but rather acceleration +strength.

If you got this roster made, you probably are running low on depth and draft picks, but, you are going to have some legit pro bowlers across your defense and you are going to have a lot of young talent to use as trade bait to help bolster your team throughout the years.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:17 PM   #7
Rookie

elijah53johnston's Arena

thanks that was a big help
Old 09-20-2011, 04:35 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 1

No no no no.

Keep all three wide receivers. Then you'd have a punishing running game, while opening up deep balls when the safeties creep up. You can't find another 100 speed player.

If your trading away all your big names, turn off your salary cap because you'll be negative in the off season and your draft picks will be useless.

Now you want it to be realistic?

Trade for Terrance Cody (Ravens) NT and Kenrick Ellis (Jets) DT/DE Put Cullen Jenkins out at either DE position. Sometimes the Jets release Muhammed Wilkerson in the pre-season A pot LE. Also Tommie Harris is sometimes released as well, he'd be a good DE.

You will need a BIG boost in LBs as the Eagles are TERRIBLE in that category. How do you achieve this? Simply.

Grab Lofa Tatupu from free agency, Move Trent Cole and Brandon Graham to your OLB, and Trade Jason Babin for another MLB. Graham played some 3-4 in college so that's why I say its more realistic than shipping everyone off.

This way you keep one of the top pass rushers (you can blitz him often as he is like DeMarcus Ware or Mario Williams in a 3-4)

Get Madison Hedgecock for your FB in Free Agency, and as for RBs there are many power runners. Jonathan Stewart is my favorite because he comes with more speed than most big backs. If you want to get rid of Shady, I'd go with Stewart, and a picks package.

As well as Asante you can trade him for a LB/S if you want, as well as picks.

NEXT YEAR 1st round picks are valued VERY LOW! So try to get as many as you can get.

You'll want to keep your pass rushers for Dime/Nickel packages.

Last edited by FlyEaglesFly3; 09-20-2011 at 04:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »