Home

why are all free agents in preseason askin for little amout of money?

This is a discussion on why are all free agents in preseason askin for little amout of money? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2011, 11:51 PM   #9
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: why are all free agents in preseason askin for little amout of money?

If you don't like it try this... Instead of signing them in the Free Agency menu got to Player Management. From there cycle over to Free Agents and sign them from there. This way the ask for a higher amount of money, plus you can sign them to longer deals.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-21-2011, 09:34 AM   #10
Rookie

warhorseballa06's Arena

OVR: 4
but its not just the user, the "CPU" isnt smart enough to do this, so they wlll get players for less. altogether its broken, no work around that but a patch
Old 09-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #11
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

i wondered the same thing. i signed a few guys and actually wanted longer deals but didnt have an option. so i did the cheap 1 yr deals as thats all i could do. now the funny thing is when the actual season starts, i notice the cpu signing ppl and then i start seeing real amounts like TO getting millions. linemen getting millions, etc etc i would think it would be the other way around...expensive in the preseason, cheaper once the season starts. i just chalked it up to madden being madden lol. but as others have said, i like this better than having to spend 5mil on a 75ovr backup for depth any day. ill just extend them once the yr is over and im sure itll be more realistic pricing at that time.
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2011, 09:59 AM   #12
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Bug, bug, and bug. No way you get into salary cap hell unless you poach alot of top FA's.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:04 AM   #13
Rookie

warhorseballa06's Arena

exactly, n im all about realism, not just some casual gamer who wants to build some type of fantasy team and win 12 superbowls 
Old 09-21-2011, 12:24 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

I have gripes with M12, but this is not one of them. Players who sign late (i.e. into the pre-season or even the regular season) typically sign short deals for not a lot of money.

However, if you are feeling generous, you can sign them for more money. Go into "Player Management" rather than "Free Agents". From the Player Management screen, where you can change teams, change to the team of all Free Agents. Then click on a player and sign him, and he will ask for a longer term deal at more money.

You can also sign the player cheap off the FA list, then immediately sign him to a contract extension for more money/term.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:23 AM   #15
Rookie

warhorseballa06's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSubs
I have gripes with M12, but this is not one of them. Players who sign late (i.e. into the pre-season or even the regular season) typically sign short deals for not a lot of money.

However, if you are feeling generous, you can sign them for more money. Go into "Player Management" rather than "Free Agents". From the Player Management screen, where you can change teams, change to the team of all Free Agents. Then click on a player and sign him, and he will ask for a longer term deal at more money.

You can also sign the player cheap off the FA list, then immediately sign him to a contract extension for more money/term.
you are failing to realize its not just a USER problem its affects the CPU too. they are signing players worth at least a few millions, for a few thousands. how real is that? like seriously TO would probably sign at 1-3 mill for 1 year. not 850k! kidding? yes he wants a title, but why bang ur body up at that age for such small amout. idc how u guys cut it, FA is broken. face it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2011, 11:01 AM   #16
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
A player like TO, who is what 39 and coming off a major knee surgery isn't getting a deal worth millions.

Most of the guys in the FA pool are cast-offs, and/or aging players....they would not and should not sign a large deal. They should get the vet minimum which is what is being done IMO.

There's no bonus money for someone signing during the preseason, or after free agency ends.

What Madden lacks is incentives built into contracts.......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »