Home

No clock burn options in franchise mode? WTF?

This is a discussion on No clock burn options in franchise mode? WTF? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2011, 12:30 PM   #9
Rookie

HakeemDaDream's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: No clock burn options in franchise mode? WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
So I spend the better half of the last couple of weeks tweaking my settings and sliders and gearing up to actually play a single player franchise and the first thing I notice is I can't setup my clock options in franchise mode like you can in exhibition mode...wtf EA? Are you guys high? Playing with 8 minute quarters is ********. For a short time I was actually thinking that EA was starting to get the stuff together then boom, I'm hit with this...it was like an ice cold bucket of water right in the face and it brought me right back to reality. Very disappointed.
I will never understand the bitching and moaning about this. What difference does it make that the accelerated clock is not adjustable in franchise? As long as the quarter length is adjustable, then you'll get the same result either way based on your preference. For instance, in Madden 11, I preferred to play 10 minute quarters with a 15 second run off in franchise. Since I can't alter the accelerated clock in Madden 12 franchise mode, I now play 11 minute quarters which gives me the same result more or less. Since the extra 5 seconds translates to 50 more seconds per quarter, adjusting it to 11 makes it a wash. All you need is a set of basic math skills to figure out what quarter length you should be playing with to compensate for the 20 second accelerated clock run off.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:45 PM   #10
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by HakeemDaDream
I will never understand the bitching and moaning about this. What difference does it make that the accelerated clock is not adjustable in franchise? As long as the quarter length is adjustable, then you'll get the same result either way based on your preference. For instance, in Madden 11, I preferred to play 10 minute quarters with a 15 second run off in franchise. Since I can't alter the accelerated clock in Madden 12 franchise mode, I now play 11 minute quarters which gives me the same result more or less. Since the extra 5 seconds translates to 50 more seconds per quarter, adjusting it to 11 makes it a wash. All you need is a set of basic math skills to figure out what quarter length you should be playing with to compensate for the 20 second accelerated clock run off.
Keep settling, bro.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:58 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
I think the game moves faster when you have the clock run down to 10 or 12 seconds and you don't have 35 seconds to fiddle with hot routes and audibles...it puts pressure on the player to know your audibles and quickly read defenses and make a decision. When you get to the line with 30 seconds left on the play clock the games turns into a boring yawn fest. I can't tell you how stoked I was when I discovered that I had the option to burn the play clock down to what would simulate a normal scenario and the fact that I could actually play 15 minute quarters and still get around 60 plays per game was a god send....all that was followed by the disappointment of discovering that I can't do it in franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 16
Quote:
I want to be playing 15 minute quarters in franchise mode. I don't want to have to shorten to 11 minute quarters to get a realistic number of plays if I don't have realistic time of possession.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:18 PM   #13
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Okay, so this is about the accelerated clock settings?

Um, unless I missed something, those settings never worked in the first place. By that I mean it didn't matter if you picked 15, 20, or 25. The clock would run off the same no matter what in Madden 10 and 11. Unless this was fixed in a patch and I never knew.

ALSO, the accelerated clock is not tied to the game clock like it should be. For example, I can play a game of Madden 11 online with accelerated clock on. The game clock is running and I can run the play clock down to 21 and call my play... then the game clock will run down an additional 20 seconds for no reason. It's a broken feature. You can DESTROY the game clock with time of possession that way. It's really silly.

NOTE: While I cannot play my 360 right now, I got a copy of 07 for my Laptop. I'm reminded again and again how much of a better job EA used to do. They used to work on "the little things." Now everything is half baked. I don't have 12, but I am not all that impressed with what I see aside from graphics and the new camera presentation.

Last edited by PGaither84; 09-21-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:34 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 16
They overhauled accelerated clock this year. It's now tied directly to game clock and instead of it supposed to burn off x amount of seconds after breaking the huddle, it runs the game/play clock down to a certain point every play regardless of if you break the huddle with 36 on the play clock or 22 seconds.

Default brings the playclock down to 20

It's awesome how they did it this year but without the ability to change the settings in franchise mode it's virtually useless to me. I'd ideally probably have it set to run down to 12 remaining on 15 minute quarters
Old 09-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #15
Rookie

HakeemDaDream's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
I want to be playing 15 minute quarters in franchise mode. I don't want to have to shorten to 11 minute quarters to get a realistic number of plays if I don't have realistic time of possession.
I hear you. It's still baffling why EA took this option out. All I'm saying is that the work around is so easy that it's hardly noticeable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2011, 04:21 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
I'd ideally probably have it set to run down to 12 remaining on 15 minute quarters
Yeah 12 seconds works great and that's the setting I use....I'm thinking about fudging it to 15 because I actually get a couple of delay of game penalties when I'm trying to shift guys around and or audible...either way, 12-15 is the primo range for a realistic number of plays per game @ 15 minute quarters. And if you actually watch a real game, teams get to the line (on average) with about 12 seconds left on the play clock.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »