Home

Players Last Names?

This is a discussion on Players Last Names? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2011, 07:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Players Last Names?

I was playing my offline franchise last night, and I realized that certain players last names aren't being said by the commentators. The most noticeable example was when I was playing the Broncos. The commentators kept referring to Tim Tebow as "Number Fifteen". I'm pretty sure that Tebow's name was in the game last year. Other notable players that realized weren't being said were Dexter McCluster and J.J. Watt. Has anyone else experienced this?

I searched all over the internet and came across some people who have suggested uninstalling the game data and reinstalling it. Other suggestions mentioned something about "clearing the cache" (but I think that was an Xbox specific thing, I'm on PS3). The final suggestion was playing the game without it installed on the HD. Can anyone comment on this issue?
Philadelphia 76ers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2011, 07:37 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Players Last Names?

It seems to be hit and miss for me...

I was choked when they didn't say LeGarrette Blount, or Tebow...

However, after playing several games with both, the occasional time, they will say the name... which makes me wonder why they don't just say it all the time.

Stupid oversight by EA.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

But he never misses a chance to say STUCKEY.

But yeah, it comes and goes. It's weird.

Also, STUCKEY!

I also wish they said created team names. Have a names database like The Show where you pick one and the commentators will say it.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #4
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

EA's broken it on purpose I'd bet. I've thrown picks with Tebow and they say his name when he makes a tackle, yet they don't say it when he drops back.

I've played the game off the disc for a while once I got it, installed it and it still does the same. Commentary's broke, no way to get around it unless EA admits and fixes it.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:45 PM   #5
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

There's a number of Bronco players not being named correctly or at all. I think it's punishment for last year's performance

Honestly, with how bad the commentary is, I always turn on some music and just play the game. Then I can also watch my little 16 month daughter do funny dances

I think an issue with the commentating is that Gus Johnson is so animated that the change in his tone is so noticable. Whereas, the person he replaced, was very monotone and, in my opinion, wasn't as noticable.

Despite some problems, I still love this game. Go Broncos.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2011, 09:26 PM   #6
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Classic EA.

Next year's new feature will be "New and Improved Commentary."

Personally I hate when they call players by number, so I turned commentary off.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:36 PM   #7
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

i hate when they say half players real name like phil taylor they say and ryan taylor makes the tackle also i noticed if u edit players jerseys numbers some how the players name gets completly taken out game my rookie de jabaal sheard and jayme mitchell had same number #97 so i changed them to there right jerseys and now it says #97 with tackle and #92.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:35 AM   #8
Rookie

I'm going to try NOT editing a player and see what that does. The players in my franchise on my team that have name issues, I have edited their numbers, equipment, etc.
Philadelphia 76ers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »