Home

Can't Simulate Week in Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Can't Simulate Week in Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #17
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Can't Simulate Week in Franchise Mode

How did this problem work out for you guys?

Was it true that the team in question did not have to roster requirement at a certain position? And hence temporarily editing a backup QB would work?

I wonder why the CPU wouldnt know enough to sign a FA to fill its own roster requirment? Does the CPU count guys on IR towards its roster requirement perhaps?
Old 09-23-2011, 01:08 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 10

Yes it can definitely be fixed. First find the team who needs the roster switch, next find a position with an abundance and changed a player's position to the lacking position. If there are no positions that can be switched, try trading one of your bench warmers to the team for a late round pick
Old 09-23-2011, 01:19 PM   #19
Rookie

slimdagreat's Arena

OVR: 2

Same thing happened to me. I had a draft class from NCAA saved, I imported it to my new franchise, and it happened. Started over with a new franchise same draft class, same problem. started a new one, didn't import draft class, no more problems
Old 09-23-2011, 03:55 PM   #20
Rookie

elijah53johnston's Arena

OVR: 3

same thing happened to me on 360 and nothing mentioned fixed it.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:17 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 6

Just emailed this thread to EA! Hopefully they can recognize the problem and solve it! I HAVE HALF A SEASON TO FINISH!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm having this problem with another twist. I know that the issue is with a Panthers-Jags game, as this is the only game that won't sim before i can play Jets-Raiders. The Panthers have 10 guys on IR and the Jags have 2 on IR and 3 or 4 injured. I checked roster breakdown for both, and they meet the active requirements. Even counted active players on both, no issue. Even cut some of my own guys to make room, than traded 1 guy for 3 with the panthers to see if that triggered the CPU to adjust to roster - nothing.

Think my only hope would be to take over the Panthers, which I saw some people make mention of on the EA and Gamefaqs forums. Anyone know a way to change teams in midseason? I checked every option and can't find anything.

Assume I'm out of luck but it wouldn't hurt to ask!

P.S. This is the second franchise with the Jets where I can't get past this Raiders game!

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-23-2011, 08:23 PM   #23
Rookie

bhackler's Arena

OVR: 3

Had this happen to me a couple times and the PANTHERS were always the culprit. I was able to straighten it out 1 time and the other time nothing would fix it. Guess from now on i'm controlling (babysitting) the panthers when i start new franchises. Sheesh...
Old 09-26-2011, 09:47 AM   #24
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21

One more thing for those guys hitting this issue often. If you end up starting a new franchise, I found disabling "Pre-Existing Injuries" helped resolve the issue throughout the first year. Haven't played in to season 2 yet, but I'm hoping the injury rate is reasonable enough to prevent this moving forward.

Also, keep in mind that after year 1, you get that pool of generated rookies to help alleviate position scarcity for many teams.
Boston Celtics

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »