Home

Can't Simulate Week in Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Can't Simulate Week in Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2011, 10:47 PM   #25
Rookie

chosen1cp3's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can't Simulate Week in Franchise Mode

im in my bye week with the browns and i am having the same problem
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 07:20 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldd
Just played my Week 5 game in my Bills franchise...

Then I went to "Simulate This Week".... It says Please Wait...Simulating. It only does this for about 2 seconds, then it jumps back to the schedule screen without anything simulated. So then I went to the next week and Chose "Simulate to this Game". The exact same thing happened, said please wait...simulating then did absolutely nothing.

I searched the first couple pages and found nothing, and I don't have time to sift through 288 posts in the Bugs/Glitches Thread...

Anyone else seen this? Any info is greatly appreciated.
i skipped ahead to post this so i dont know if anyone has posted this, but:
do any of you remember this was an issue a few years ago. the problem, and i assume this is only happening to non-32 team franchises, is that the CPU teams have too many holes or not enough active players (and this is due most likely to the high rate of injuries) at specific positions, and the AI is too stupid to IR and sign new players to fill in. this was a franchise killer for me and i have never had a single team franchise since and never had another issue with it. That "simulating for only 2 seconds" is the game telling the CPU team that "coach X, please sign a QB" screen...just like the one that pops up telling you to sign a player needed at a certain position.

But again, the CPU AI is too frigging dumb to do its job. There is no fix outside of starting a new 32 team franchise.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:58 AM   #27
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by danstenz14
i skipped ahead to post this so i dont know if anyone has posted this, but:
do any of you remember this was an issue a few years ago. the problem, and i assume this is only happening to non-32 team franchises, is that the CPU teams have too many holes or not enough active players (and this is due most likely to the high rate of injuries) at specific positions, and the AI is too stupid to IR and sign new players to fill in. this was a franchise killer for me and i have never had a single team franchise since and never had another issue with it. That "simulating for only 2 seconds" is the game telling the CPU team that "coach X, please sign a QB" screen...just like the one that pops up telling you to sign a player needed at a certain position.

But again, the CPU AI is too frigging dumb to do its job. There is no fix outside of starting a new 32 team franchise.
Myself along with others have posted workarounds earlier in this thread if you enable "Edit Players" in Franchise options. That's what has changed this year...there's no doubt this is a bug, but the difference is it won't tank your whole franchise if you hit it.
Boston Celtics

Last edited by NaturalSelected; 09-27-2011 at 07:58 AM. Reason: changed the wording
Old 09-27-2011, 08:04 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalSelected
Myself along with others have posted workarounds earlier in this thread if you enable "Edit Players" in Franchise options. That's what has changed this year...there's no doubt this is a bug, but the difference is it won't tank your whole franchise if you hit it.
aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

i thought that would only pertain to user controlled teams. well, thats good.

yeah, i remember back in 09 i went into year 9 or 10 of my franchise and then this problem occured. what a crappy problem to have.

anyways, thanks for the clarification.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:13 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
but now that i think about it, that sucks just as much. now you have dozens of players out of position? and how long can you even keep that up? i feel like eventually your luck will run out with trying to mcgyver players into new positions...if there are enough injuries to one team, there will be no fix. and as far as trading, you can't do it once the week starts, so hope to god you saved the week prior. and the quality of that team has to drop significantly...unless your are re-rating players to fill in, but if thats the case, whats the point of even having your franchise and trying to keep any sort of realism?

im not trying to bash your workaround by any means, and i mean no offense...it's a smart idea. but in my opinion, that is just solving a problem with another problem.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:45 AM   #30
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Bottom line, this year's 'chise mode is SO FUBAR you virtually have to control all 32 teams.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:14 AM   #31
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by danstenz14
but now that i think about it, that sucks just as much. now you have dozens of players out of position? and how long can you even keep that up? i feel like eventually your luck will run out with trying to mcgyver players into new positions...if there are enough injuries to one team, there will be no fix. and as far as trading, you can't do it once the week starts, so hope to god you saved the week prior. and the quality of that team has to drop significantly...unless your are re-rating players to fill in, but if thats the case, whats the point of even having your franchise and trying to keep any sort of realism?

im not trying to bash your workaround by any means, and i mean no offense...it's a smart idea. but in my opinion, that is just solving a problem with another problem.
I'll reconsider your point if I continue to play and see this issue continue to happen. So far, I encountered it twice, made a single player adjustment, and was able to sim the rest of the year. Hopefully this keeps up.

And the bottom line is right...we shouldn't have to do this at all.
Boston Celtics
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 11:46 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
And the bottom line is right...we shouldn't have to do this at all.
agreed!!!

thanks EA

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »