Home

L'imporant c'est pas la chute, c'est l'aterrisage!

This is a discussion on L'imporant c'est pas la chute, c'est l'aterrisage! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2011, 08:34 PM   #57
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: L'imporant c'est pas la chute, c'est l'aterrisage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageWonder
NBA wasn't "delayable". It was so broken that it had to be scrapped...for two straight seasons! The point is, EA (the corp not the dev) has the final say on what gets released, canceled, what have you, no matter the franchise. If you can see EA releasing a broken game in the hypothetical NBA situation, why is it looked at differently in Madden's case? Why wasn't Madden delayed long enough to properly quality test it's product?

-UDFA's ruining cpu teams in franchise making it unplayable past year 7.
-Psychic DB's.
-Terrible passing trajectory.
-Scripted AI.
-Rain glitch.
-Depth chart locking up games for some teams.
-Ice Skating.
-Many other bugs, glitches, and plain bad programming.

If someone were to look at this game having not played the series before, therefore not being used to all the flaws, they must have to wonder how something like this even sees a release.

Sent using common sense.
Your list is very been there heard that for sometime now, and no longer holds the truth.

UDFA's ruining cpu teams in franchise making it unplayable past year 7.
I guess this is true , since I truly have no knowledge of it. I'm still in year 1. I would never get to a 7th year of my franchise.

Psychic DB's.
Not buying this one. Not true. I see this differently, and never have a issue seeing this in any of my games.

Terrible passing trajectory.
True but only if you press the button alone to pass. If you involve the left stick you can throw passes with air under it along with other types of passes. Yes you can lob it over the LB and between the safety. I do it all the time.

Scripted AI.
Sorry this is not accurate. What exactly are your talking about?

Rain glitch.
I hear this but I have not gone through it with my Giants franchise. Game 1 was rain but not any other, and im currently upto week 5. I also play about 5 to 6 other games in the week before I advanced it. I like to play with other teams and I played maybe 2 other rain games.

Depth chart locking up games for some teams.
I have no knowledge of this so no comment. It has not happened to me.

Ice Skating.
eally not buying this. One guy states it looks like ice skating and now everyone that dislikes the game wants to take the same ride, and use this term. I don't see it as ice skating at all. When I play NHL I see ice skating not in Madden or NCAA.

-Many other bugs, glitches, and plain bad programming.
Ok you dislike the game and you have every right. Stating that this game has bad programming to me says that you already made up your mind about this title. This game is not bad programming.

Sorry but your list is weak. Yes competition only brings the best out of companies, but some of your statements are just plain hating. Nothing but negativity.

Now if you mentioned some pros and cons I can respect your ist, but your just on one mission and is to just hate.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:36 PM   #58
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
So, in closing, my point is this:
Under any other circumstances, Madden would be right where Elite is. But since they are forced towards yearly iterations, they can't cancel Madden in the same way as Elite can. Both products are on par in the quality department, yet one can be scrapped and the other is forced out the door.

Again, under any other circumstances, Madden would be set aside for a couple years just like Elite. But instead, Madden gets the go-ahead, EA uses it's customers as Quality Assurance with no pay, then throws a few patches at it. In Madden 11's case, it received 4 patches, if memory serves me right. Only because of the current state of affairs can EA release Madden in the shape it does every year.

Sent using common sense.
With Madden's in the past and I would agree with you, but with Madden 12 I totally disagree.

You can not in anyway compare Madden 12 with NBA elite.

You already made up your mind, and it has clouded your judgement.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:57 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Madden 12 isn't anywhere close to NBA Elite in as far as quality. NBA Elite deemed unplayable, Madden is not broken in game play and unplayable.
I have to respectfully disagree. I have played Elite, retail legit copy a friend got off Amazon. It is definitely comparable to Madden 11 & 12 in terms of broken gameplay features/mechanics.

To your other comment, yes, Madden is broken, on & off the field. But let's stick with on the field issues, for now. Let's put the aforementioned problems aside and I'll throw just a few more your way.

-Certain ratings still don't matter (Punters excelling in Line play)
-Suction blocking still exists, watch towards the end of the Gametrailers review for a hilarious example.
-Ball still clips through hands, arms, chests, etc.
-Ball still warps into player's hands, completely changing directions in midair.
-In-game challenge system calls plays incorrectly half the time.
-Many penalties are still nonexistent, even when turned all the way up.
-WR's not being aggressive going for catches, while DB's are overly aggressive.
-Defensive Linemen are glued to their blocker, even when the ball carrier is long passed. Holding much?

I could go on & on about the many glitches and gameplay flaws, but I will leave it there. This, in my opinion (and I can't stress that enough around here, lol), is why Madden's gameplay is broken, not just in one area, but many.

Sent using common sense.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:07 PM   #60
Banned

Scripted AI.
There are other examples out there, but here is one video regarding AI scripting in Madden.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62-p...e_gdata_player

Sent using common sense.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:11 PM   #61
Banned

Ice Skating.
When a player's foot touches the ground, it never plants. It just slides across the ground, giving it an "ice skating" look to the animations. Extremely noticeable on QB's moving (gliding) around in the pocket.

Sent using common sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2011, 09:56 PM   #62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
*1*Psychic DB's.
Not buying this one. Not true. I see this differently, and never have a issue seeing this in any of my games.

*2*Terrible passing trajectory.
True but only if you press the button alone to pass. If you involve the left stick you can throw passes with air under it along with other types of passes. Yes you can lob it over the LB and between the safety. I do it all the time.

*3*-Many other bugs, glitches, and plain bad programming.
Ok you dislike the game and you have every right. Stating that this game has bad programming to me says that you already made up your mind about this title. This game is not bad programming.

*4*Sorry but your list is weak. Yes competition only brings the best out of companies, but some of your statements are just plain hating. Nothing but negativity.

Now if you mentioned some pros and cons I can respect your ist, but your just on one mission and is to just hate.
*1*
So you are just going to write off a widely reported issue because you never see it?

*2*
Using the left stick while passing yields mixed results for me. Positional passing works in certain instances when it wants to. But using it to allegedly put more arc on the pass to put it out of reach of the LB has never worked for me, and apparently, many others.

*3*
Pretty sure most people here would agree that the AI programming is terrible. Most AI controlled players make terrible decisions, don't play out correct/appropriate animations for the given situation, etc. And don't forget about that commentary.

*4*
Here is something positive for ya'. I love the new presentation elements. I am a huge cpu vs. cpu nut, so finally having those real broadcast angles are great!

See? I don't have the kind of "agenda" many people like to label people with around here. You wanna know what my agenda is? It's not to bash. Not to hate. Not to troll. It's to be honest. Call a spade a spade. I am an honest, blunt kinda guy. So when someone around here posts with their blinders on, saying the gameplay is not broken, I have to speak my mind.

Honesty, not obliviousness, is what Madden and it's consumers need to move forward.

Sent using common sense.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:26 PM   #63
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I have to respectfully disagree. I have played Elite, retail legit copy a friend got off Amazon. It is definitely comparable to Madden 11 & 12 in terms of broken gameplay features/mechanics.

To your other comment, yes, Madden is broken, on & off the field. But let's stick with on the field issues, for now. Let's put the aforementioned problems aside and I'll throw just a few more your way.

-Certain ratings still don't matter (Punters excelling in Line play)
-Suction blocking still exists, watch towards the end of the Gametrailers review for a hilarious example.
-Ball still clips through hands, arms, chests, etc.
-Ball still warps into player's hands, completely changing directions in midair.
-In-game challenge system calls plays incorrectly half the time.
-Many penalties are still nonexistent, even when turned all the way up.
-WR's not being aggressive going for catches, while DB's are overly aggressive.
-Defensive Linemen are glued to their blocker, even when the ball carrier is long passed. Holding much?

I could go on & on about the many glitches and gameplay flaws, but I will leave it there. This, in my opinion (and I can't stress that enough around here, lol), is why Madden's gameplay is broken, not just in one area, but many.

Sent using common sense.
You are entitled to your opinion, and I can disagree with it like you are free to disagree with mine.

I call that agreeing to disagreeing.

I don't have time to go into practice mode and put punters on the line and I wouldn't do that in a game, so, therefore, it doesn't bother me one way or the other. Doesn't affect the way I play.

I said suction blocking and tackling is greatly reduced from past versions. i don't see it much at all in my game.

I don't have time to watch replays of balls going through players chests and arms, so, that doesn't affect me , either. I don't see it in real time.

Agree with the challenge system and my pet peeve has always been the lack of certain penalties called. I'll give you those for sure.

The others are greatly diminished by sliders. DB's are less aggressive when pass reaction is at 0 and WR are more aggressive when pass catching is above 50. Higher block shedding numbers should help your DL break free.

So, it's my opinion, that game play is not broken. It is playable, bottom line.

Agreeing to disagree and moving on.

Not speaking with blinders on, speaking my honest opinion.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:05 PM   #64
Rookie

I myself LIKED Madden 12 because the gameplay with the right sliders gives me a decent game of football and I feel like I'm being more than reasonable about the rain, the skating, basically all the little **** that's brought up in these forums that I overlook but the fact that If I want OFFLINE FRANCHISE (which was their main selling point this year) to progress and develop correctly I have to user control 32 teams and spend 8-10 hours EVERY offseason editing every teams depth chart because of UDFAs, then wanting to edit the rookies but can't because I'm not allowed to edit the actual build of player models(244 lb HBs looking like skinny elusive scatbacks irk me) but still wouldn't if I could, why? Because they'd LOSE their player roles if I did this or just wanted to give a WR gloves or a QB a different helmet?....
I don't mind workarounds but if it takes half of my day to do it but then breaks another part of the game gives me a damned if I do, damned if I don't feeling and it just leaves me SMH. I HATE that I finally gave EA my money this year and STILL got ****ed. I should have rented it. Only myself to blame and done with this game. Trading it in for NBA2K12. Thank you for reading haha

Last edited by CMH; 09-26-2011 at 11:10 AM. Reason: cleaned language

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »