Home

Anyone find DPP too predictable.

This is a discussion on Anyone find DPP too predictable. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Anyone find DPP too predictable.

I'm sure many people are groaning at my bringing up the DPP once again. But I guess we all have our pet peeves about the game. Overall I'm absolutely loving it. GAmeplay has been alot of fun. Got my sliders right so it's challenging as well without being absurd. Leaping LB's and the supposedly psychic DB's don't bother me. I just write it off as my making a poor throw, or poorly timed anyway.

I've been against DPP since the get go....just envisioned all sorts of problems. To be fair, it's not as bad as I feared. As someone told me it's sublety is necessary otherwise it's over the top and unrealistic. Which brings me to my point (yes finally):

I've noticed that the hot and cold streaks, particularly with my Qb are predictable. I started a game last night as the Chargers vs Vikes. From the first series I could see Rivers was in a cold streak. I got more annoyed as one series after another became 3 and outs. Not because I failed to pick up first downs but it was because I KNEW I'd not get them. Every pass was either dropped, batted, burped or picked. Passes that I'd later complete with ease in the second half went sailing over the WR head. I tried throwing short but my backs has hooks for hands and couldn't catch anything either. I was 2 for 13 for 6 yards and two picks (those were on me though) at one point.

To compensate I tried to run but that must have had a cold streak too because I got nothing but stuffed, for 3-4 series. Eventually things opened up, I hit 12 passes in a row in the second half (which also bothered me because after 3 or 4 I could tell I was now "hot" and couldn't miss.) Consequently I took more risks and completed them easily. Rivers ended up with 62% completions (forgot the numbers...29 of 46 or something like that.
The game itself was great (I won 19-16 in overtime, coming back from 10-0 and 13-3.) but it's gotten so predictable regarding the streaks.
Now to be fair also, I played a game after that and had no streakiness at all...just consistently hit 2 out of 3 roughly the whole game (as Kolb vs Panthers).

I also will admit that old gen madden also had a certain "feel" where I could tell early on how successful I'd be. As I've said the DPP just feels like the old gen streakiness squared.
Anyone else having this issue, or noticing it or being bothered by it? It's not killing the game for me, I'm really enjoying what I consider the best next gen madden yet. But every other game or so (maybe 1 of 3), I can tell right away that I'll either be deadly or useless for several series. Kind of annoying and unrealistic. Rivers isn't that bad IRL at any point in a game. Yeah he may throw some picks but he doesn't miss that badly any game I can recall. It was good weather also.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2011, 04:28 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
One thing I don't like is if you pressure a mobile or a QB who gets nervous in the pocket one time, he'll tuck it and run for the rest of the game. But I think we need more traits. Some for each position.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »