Home

You CAN make these throws with Madden.

This is a discussion on You CAN make these throws with Madden. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2011, 01:09 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: You CAN make these throws with Madden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
I think the thing that hurts Madden's passing the most is that it's "user friendly" approach. Sure it could be all route based, basically unless your WR looks back he will run his route with the assumption the QB still has the ball. But not all Madden players take this into account and throw to open receivers regardless of the route they are running, which the current system allows.

The problem with this though is there would be a crowd that would complain about interceptions, bad passing, etc. Some people are too used to Maddens throwing that if they have a WR on a post route, they'd be upset if the WR has separation before his cut, they throw it, but the ball goes inside ahead of his cut and right to a safety. They'd argue about their receiver should have have kept going straight or the QB should have thrown to the receiver instead of leading for the cut, and so on.

If all WR's ran option routes then this would be fixed (not realistic but that's what Madden's throwing system acts like), if they sat down in between zones it would help, and if they would act somewhat intelligent it would also help (maybe not run a route with a DB in front of you...). But with the current passing system in Madden adding in route based passing would probably not happen unless they took out the left stick pump fake and let you use that to throw based on a route.

I'd doubt Madden would ever jump to a pure route based passing system in one year, or else it would doomed to be taken out like the vision cone. Maddens target market is vastly greater than just the sim community, so I don't have high hopes on too much improvements in the area.

Plus, Madden doesn't like adding features unless they permanent. Looking at the UDFA issue, if Madden would introduce features as being able to toggle on or off, I'm sure they'd receiver far more credit for new features if they could be turned off if they didn't work quite right out of the box. Would be nice too because then they wouldn't have promising feature (like vision cone) be scrapped because it wasn't introduced as something for players to try, but instead was forced at first and resulted in negative feedback. If it was an option from the first year introduced, I'm sure it would still be here and greatly improved. To bad too, cause I really liked the cone.

I totally agree with everything you said... I know "why" this system is not in place, and its because its more of a "sim" feature and the "core" of Maddne's audience is not "sim" but rather they are just "casual" gamers...

Your right, if they changed the passing game, people would definitely complain because it would take them a little time to actually grasp and understand WHY things were happening...

I hate to even mention it, but, since I already posted a vid... APF and NFL2k5 had the option, at the team select screen to TURN ON / OFF "MAX PASSING" they called it... Maybe Madden should allow this to be an option? Although, as with all the other "new" features, I'm sure this would be totally left out of Online Franchise

psn - CeeGee

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »