Home

Best Skill Level for Realism?

This is a discussion on Best Skill Level for Realism? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2011, 10:30 AM   #1
Rookie

fran33s's Arena

OVR: 1
Best Skill Level for Realism?

Hey all, I play on all-pro with the Dolphins and go 1-4 after 5 games throwing a ridiculous of INTs with Henne, and it rains all the damn time so that doesn't help.
When I play on PRO, I can go 4-1 Easy...

In my Eagles Franchise, it turned out my profile never saved and I was playing on Pro... 7-1.. So anyway.

What would be my best option? Play on all-pro but turn down the INT slider and boost mine just a tad?

I feel like on Pro I can get any QB or RB to be an MVP. Which i mean is somewhat realistic.
Kansas City Royals
Golden State Warriors

Last edited by fran33s; 09-23-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2011, 10:48 AM   #2
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Best Skill Level for Realism?

I was going to make a thread, until I seen this one. I am having the same problem and I really can't enjoy Madden at all because of it. My problems is somewhat different though.

Ever since I been playing Madden I have been playing on All-Madden because I don't feel right playing on anything lower. I think I am very good at Madden, but it seems like All-Madden is highly unrealistic because of how the cpu RB's and even QB's break tackles from DL like every play. 9/10 you have to have a double tackle to bring the RB down, even if it's Danny Woodhead.

I decided to try All-Pro since all the sliders are even and I can go undefeated throughout the whole season easily, but I want more of a competition. I love NCAA Heisman settings, it is nowhere near unrealistic like Maddens highest level. I know people will say mess with the sliders, but when I did it stills seems to easy. Hopefully, someone has some good suggestions or good sliders I could try because I haven't enjoyed Madden ever since I got it thanks to this problem.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 09-23-2011, 10:53 AM   #3
Rookie

fran33s's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I was going to make a thread, until I seen this one. I am having the same problem and I really can't enjoy Madden at all because of it. My problems is somewhat different though.

Ever since I been playing Madden I have been playing on All-Madden because I don't feel right playing on anything lower. I think I am very good at Madden, but it seems like All-Madden is highly unrealistic because of how the cpu RB's and even QB's break tackles from DL like every play. 9/10 you have to have a double tackle to bring the RB down, even if it's Danny Woodhead.

I decided to try All-Pro since all the sliders are even and I can go undefeated throughout the whole season easily, but I want more of a competition. I love NCAA Heisman settings, it is nowhere near unrealistic like Maddens highest level. I know people will say mess with the sliders, but when I did it stills seems to easy. Hopefully, someone has some good suggestions or good sliders I could try because I haven't enjoyed Madden ever since I got it thanks to this problem.
Yep. Same scenario, but toned down for me since I'm "better than pro, but not as good as all pro". All Pro I can carry the ball 20 times with a RB Rated about 80-85 and get 70 yards... I get sacked like you can't believe. Then I switch to Pro, and bam 20 carries is 190 yds and 2 TDs....
Kansas City Royals
Golden State Warriors
Old 09-23-2011, 11:08 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 16
Sounds to me like it might just be a matter of practice and improving decision making throwing the ball. Are these interceptions happening on deep passes? Forced balls over the middle? I would say stick to all pro and you'll eventually get the hang of it. Try to learn what went wrong with each pick so you can work to prevent it

Also I think them patching the rain "glitch" would fix a lot of that because my worst INT games have been in the rain due to inaccurate passing
Old 09-23-2011, 11:17 AM   #5
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

What you guys need to do is set it at a level and then start adjusting sliders to tweek the game. I wouls start with the cpu sliders before trying to move the human sliders.

If you are throwing to many picks then most of the time you are making bad reads and tring to force it into coverage. So just make sure you're not doing that.

If you can not run the ball try lower the cpu's sliders for rush defense, start by moving 1 slider down at a time and go from there.

Giving up to many sacks, lower the cpu pass rush slider.

Also you can try someone sliders and then adjust them for they way you play. No one has a perfect set of sliders for the way everyone plays. Everybody plays different, therefore you have to really make your own sliders to help what you need help with.

The biggest thing though is to move 1 slider at a time, and never move it more then 5 points at a time. I hope this helps you guys out.

Some people will say that the sliders don't work but they do, and you will see a difference when you start adjusting them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2011, 11:26 AM   #6
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
What you guys need to do is set it at a level and then start adjusting sliders to tweek the game. I wouls start with the cpu sliders before trying to move the human sliders.

If you are throwing to many picks then most of the time you are making bad reads and tring to force it into coverage. So just make sure you're not doing that.

If you can not run the ball try lower the cpu's sliders for rush defense, start by moving 1 slider down at a time and go from there.

Giving up to many sacks, lower the cpu pass rush slider.

Also you can try someone sliders and then adjust them for they way you play. No one has a perfect set of sliders for the way everyone plays. Everybody plays different, therefore you have to really make your own sliders to help what you need help with.

The biggest thing though is to move 1 slider at a time, and never move it more then 5 points at a time. I hope this helps you guys out.
I have tried that. I would put it on All-Madden and adjust the sliders I felt was ridiculous. For example, on All-Madden I feel like the tackling for user is terrible so I would put it on 40 or back to 50 and like the pass rush because none of my Probowl DL can get to the QB at all to like 30 or 40. I don't know if it just me, but it seems like once I change anything on the All-Madden sliders the rest of the sliders is just not All-Madden anymore. Like kicking on All-Madden is very fast, but if I change one slider, kicking will be slow like it's on Pro. I can't explain.

Thanks for the advice about taking the sliders 1 point at a time, I did not think taking it down 1 would make any difference so I would move it up or down by like 10 points. I don't mind the CPU being tough, because I am very good and that makes it fun, but what they be doing on All-Madden is highly unrealistic. Hopefully, I find some balanced settings, if not I will just have to trade it in for 2K12.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 09-23-2011, 11:32 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I have tried that. I would put it on All-Madden and adjust the sliders I felt was ridiculous. For example, on All-Madden I feel like the tackling for user is terrible so I would put it on 40 or back to 50 and like the pass rush because none of my Probowl DL can get to the QB at all to like 30 or 40. I don't know if it just me, but it seems like once I change anything on the All-Madden sliders the rest of the sliders is just not All-Madden anymore. Like kicking on All-Madden is very fast, but if I change one slider, kicking will be slow like it's on Pro. I can't explain.

Thanks for the advice about taking the sliders 1 point at a time, I did not think taking it down 1 would make any difference so I would move it up or down by like 10 points. I don't mind the CPU being tough, because I am very good and that makes it fun, but what they be doing on All-Madden is highly unrealistic. Hopefully, I find some balanced settings, if not I will just have to trade it in for 2K12.
If I recall correctly somebody on here posted that if you change a user slider from all-madden default and raise it, you must subtract from another slider in the same group so that the total number when they're added up is the same as when they're all added up at default levels.

Otherwise it changes the difficulty level of the non-slider aspects such as kick speed.

I haven't tried jarrod21's all madden sliders but I believe he's tweaked them with this in mind, so maybe give those a shot and adjust from there
Old 09-23-2011, 01:18 PM   #8
Rookie

fran33s's Arena

I would actually have to try playing All-Pro without the Rain Feature, Miami Rains every day at home, and I throw a bunch of inaccruate passes. I guess Ill try a few games with a decent QB(80-87) on All Pro and see how I do, then try one with a great QB like Brady and see how I do. But In my old 'fins chise I threw 4 INT with Henne, and in the Next Game 3.... Because of Rain, and Inaccuracies.. And having to rush throws because I would get sacked A lot. Ill try all pro and moderatley adjust my sliders. I mean I dont mind losing, I like the aspect that I can be defeated. Makes a chise realistic because then I know what to fix during the offseason. It just sucks that it rains all the time. I think Ill try a different team and see how I go, and adjust the sliders.
Kansas City Royals
Golden State Warriors

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »