Home

What's your favorite commentary fail?

This is a discussion on What's your favorite commentary fail? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2011, 07:46 PM   #17
Pro

Amped's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: What's your favorite commentary fail?

Here's one:
Aaron Rodgers throws his second pick of the game.
Chris: The rookie has just thrown his second pick of the game.
Didn't know Rodgers was a rookie =/ fail haha
Old 09-24-2011, 08:10 PM   #18
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

when gus calls some random reciever Julio Jones, even though its not Julio Junes

also when they say the same thing over and over. like in my franchise with the 49ers gus says like atleast twice, sometimes 3 or 4 times, a game he says "and this team is built from the O-line of course it helps when you have a premier back like frank gore" i just get tired of hearing the same thing multiple times everygame.

or when i get the ball at like the 12 and cris says "the offense takes the field with great field position to put this game away" or something like that, im not sure but last i checked inside the 20 was not good field position.

but cris collinsworth is one of the dumbest commentators in real life sports(not quite as dumb as tony kornheisser though) so i guess it fits lol.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:24 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 16

Generic Intro about the defense stepping up, and then Gus says "he is definitely one to watch in this one!"
Old 09-24-2011, 08:26 PM   #20
Rookie

petersondagreat's Arena

OVR: 6

This guy is known around the league as an erratic passer sometime I think he is just aiming the ball. Im playing with Hassleback and also with Manning
Old 09-24-2011, 11:04 PM   #21
Rookie

Turbo Lax 33's Arena

OVR: 3

Tackle by Ryan Taylor....hmmm, the Browns 1st round pick is Phil Taylor, not Ryan Taylor! They've never said his name correctly in 2+ seasons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2011, 11:08 PM   #22
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Too many to remember lol.... Three off the top of my head:

- Gus said that a veteran QB should have seen the blitz coming and audibled... I was playing with a rookie QB in his first game.

- I kicked a field goal and Gus went into the whole schpeil about the CB getting burned for a TD... wtf?

- Gus says a players name correctly and then in the very next sentence he calls him by his number.

On a related note, I had a pretty funny 'replay fail' in a game I just finished. Ever wanted to see the replay of a QB kneel from three different angles? Because I just did.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:33 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion8877
also when they say the same thing over and over. like in my franchise with the 49ers gus says like atleast twice, sometimes 3 or 4 times, a game he says "and this team is built from the O-line of course it helps when you have a premier back like frank gore" i just get tired of hearing the same thing multiple times everygame.
It's too bad they don't highlight more players during those things. Some don't even have intros that surprise me (like Larry Fitzgerald)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion8877
but cris collinsworth is one of the dumbest commentators in real life sports(not quite as dumb as tony kornheisser though) so i guess it fits lol.
LOL
Old 09-24-2011, 11:37 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just played a game with the Bills, Fitzpatrick throws it out wide to Parrish, probably a metre inside the line and falls out of bounds in style, Gus goes:

"Roscoe Parrish with a little toe dance, that was nearly perfect."

WTF, he could have easily grabbed it and ran for the first down, instead, he did some "perfect" toe dance to make a dramatic exit from the field of play. SMH

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »