Home

What's your favorite commentary fail?

This is a discussion on What's your favorite commentary fail? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2011, 09:50 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What's your favorite commentary fail?

There are so many to choose from. If I went through them all I'd be here until next christmas because almost nothing with commentary is good. It's a complete mess with no redeeming qualities, so bad that the mag reviewers actually spent whole portions of their reviews on it. That's when you KNOW you've effed up because the mag reviewers usually aren't too critical of any one area of Madden. Madden is the worst in all of sports gaming in the commentary area.

Madden 11
Cris says: "You can see different look in their eyes when they're warming up. You know that they know the significance of these matchups, and it just adds another level of excitement to the football game. When you're talking about this kind of talent on the football field, this should be a really good one. I know you're excited I'm excited, let's get it going."

Since this was said practically every game in Madden 11 it's burned into my brain. What a debacle.

Madden 12
Now in Madden 12 they've replaced it with another debacle, the homefield advantage commentary that plays practically every game. What is the problem Tiburon? Smh.I heard they're about to use some new technology just to do commentary in '13? That's absurd. I can't be the only one who finds it preposterous that they're always needing to implement a "new technology" just do something that's been done well many times before in other games for generations using old tried and true coding methods. It just screams of them not being skilled enough to do what should be really considered basic by historical standards since there has been better commentary than Madden in other sports games for 2 or 3 generations and that includes the one we're in.

There is only one real solution to give these problems hope of being eliminated. See username. EA needs to sign a new developer before the next generation. It's football gaming's only hope for at least a shot at a football game made with the type of high quality we used to get, because this team has proven for 7 seasons (an ENTIRE generation worth of Madden games) that they cannot deliver.

Fire Tiburon NOW!

Goodbye, God Bless.

-Jeff
Old 09-25-2011, 10:00 PM   #50
Rookie

TomBo24's Arena

OVR: 1

Every single word that comes out of Gus or Chris's mouth in this game is a fail imo. Lol..
Old 09-25-2011, 10:46 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPolo7
The pre-game intros and when they introduce the offensive and defensive starters...everytime I hear about London Fletcher being the point guard of his college basketball team, and how Chris Cooley is the only player worth 2 cents on the offense...I almost want to trade them both just to see if they will say something different haha

They might - or say nothing specific ("let's look at the offensive starters that hope to put up a lot of points in this one")

It's connected to certain players - not sure how it picks if you have multiple players it would highlight. Too bad it doesn't just randomly pick one - or say something about any player based on their ratings or career stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2011, 01:42 AM   #52
Rookie

They made a big deal about the team intros and all the pregame festivities that were added this year, so I decided to check them out.

I started a franchise and fantasy drafted, ending up with Jamaal Charles as my RB.

Start first game, cut to Charles standing in the tunnel ready to be introduced.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, YOUR starting RUNNING BACK!!!"

The public address announcer doesn't say his name during intros?

/skip from now on

What a waste of valuable disc space that could be used on something that makes the game PLAY better.

Don't blame Gus and Chris for the poor commentary. They can audio for all kinds of different situations... it's the programmers that screw it up and make the wrong audio track play for the situation, causing the crap posted in this thread.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:53 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 1

i was playing with the saints in franchise after three years, drew brees is like 32 or something and i throw a pick.
Gus calls him a rookie and said thats what you get with inexperience.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:06 AM   #54
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by somehetero
I started a franchise and fantasy drafted, ending up with Jamaal Charles as my RB.

Yep..

Guess that's all tied to the actual teams - I guess. Wonder if a KC fantasy draft team would have the PA announcer say Charles' name?
Old 09-26-2011, 05:05 AM   #55
Rookie

MaddenFanPS3's Arena

I always think it's funny when a penalty gets called on the offense and then there's a voiceover talking about how the defense was undisciplined and now the offense has a first down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2011, 09:43 AM   #56
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by somehetero
They made a big deal about the team intros and all the pregame festivities that were added this year, so I decided to check them out.

The public address announcer doesn't say his name during intros?

/skip from now on

What a waste of valuable disc space that could be used on something that makes the game PLAY better.

Don't blame Gus and Chris for the poor commentary. They can audio for all kinds of different situations... it's the programmers that screw it up and make the wrong audio track play for the situation, causing the crap posted in this thread.
How about the Texans entrance... they don't even say the ****en team name!

"Ladies and Gentleman, stand and cheer for your home team!!"

Team entrances were one of the main (and the most useless) things they hyped before the game came out and they botched it too.

If these guys were working in any other industry they'd be fired five times over by now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »