Home

Most ridiculous generated player names you've seen

This is a discussion on Most ridiculous generated player names you've seen within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2011, 02:53 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Most ridiculous generated player names you've seen

Had Leeroy Jenkins back in like Madden 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2011, 03:00 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

i just drafted Temo Tebow RB
im not sure if he sucks or not but how could you resist
Old 09-25-2011, 03:07 AM   #27
Rookie

HammerOfGod's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyRedskins21
This isn't on madden but on my college hoops 2k8 there was a recruit named Happy Bone
Lol, I had a guy named Happy North.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:14 AM   #28
Rookie

Legionnaire's Arena

OVR: 5

To the fella who said they don't randomly generate names, that's gotta be wrong. The players' appearances and skillsets might be handcrafted, but the names must not be. Keep seeing guys named Gordon-Hunter, or Azaveus, or LaKeith, or Cheeseboro. Too many uncommon names being used over and over again for that to have been intentional.

As for ridiculous names....

Drafted a kid named Aevry something. Guess his parents didn't know how to spell Avery.

Seen the guy with just the letter L for his first name.

Saw a QB named "JJ", with no periods. Not J.J. like initials -- just JJ. I've seen names like T.J. or C.J. or whatever, so clearly some names are initials. Guess this one wasn't for some reason.

Seen a kid named Djuan. You'd think you'd go with DeJuan or D'Juan. Not Djuan.

Also saw a QB with the last name Commodore. Which is just awesome. Sadly, I had to back out and re-load the season (due to ******** schedules, I've taken to saving the franchise file after the preseason before advancing to the regular season, so I can keep re-loading it until I get a halfway coherent schedule -- avoid things like playing the same team twice in the span of 3 weeks, or playing 5 straight home/away games, that kind of nonsense). And I've yet to notice that name re-appear again, much less at the QB position which is where I'd want my Commodore to play.

Recently drafted a QB named Dakota Page. So, basically two girl names. Sounds like an annoying sorority girl. Probably carries a rape whistle.

I'd like to see them put some better effort into the draft classes -- just some tweaks to make guys more unique and more believable in general.

They need, like, ten times as many of these fake profile pics. Because after only 1 or 2 drafts, it becomes really obvious you're just looking at the same faces over and over again. And considering players' on-field appearance bears little relation to their appearance in those random stock photos, no reason they can't just toss a few thousand more photos into the pool.

They need to increase the list of names they use for generating random names. Just like with those fake portraits they use, increasing the pool of them would result in less repeats. Win-win.

Something that's only noticeable if you're way too into this -- guys' hometowns are entirely random. There should be increased odds of any generated guy's hometown being somewhere in the same area he went to school. Pretty sure, after 24 draft picks in my franchise, I've only picked maybe 3 or 4 whose hometown is anywhere near their college. Not a big deal, and you have to look hard to even see this, but it's weird that none of my Florida St. or Miami players are from the southeast, and none of my Longhorns are from anywhere near Texas. Stuff like that's a little odd. Seems like it'd be easy to weight hometown choices that are in the same state as a guy's school, so it's possible they'll be from anywhere else but it's probable they'll be from where they played. But that's a minor nitpick. They can keep that how it is if they're working on more important things (which hopefully they are).
Old 09-25-2011, 08:59 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
I still say Tremendous Johnson from M11 was amazing.

Sure about that? I had a guy named Tremendous Keilbasa (same imagery) in that game. I could be wrong on the first name but I'm pretty sure it was this.....btw the guy was black...not even polish!

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 09-25-2011, 09:01 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 9

Perhaps btw these names aren't so farfetched.

I seem to remember frank zappa naming his kids Dweezil, Moon unit and I forgot the other one.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 09-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #31
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

Some of the funny one's i just saw cutting players:

Ego Strong
Dallas France

Ridiculous ones:
ferlando zagzebski
claudeson sieczkowski
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 11:23 PM   #32
Rookie

xElway7x's Arena

OVR: 0

Kyle Orton. No way someone would be in the NFL that plays so horribly. Silly name too....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »