Home

Madden Needs VARIETY!!!!

This is a discussion on Madden Needs VARIETY!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Madden Needs VARIETY!!!!

Let me start of by saying Im enjoying Madden this year a great deal but a few changes can go a long way. Variety is one of those needed changes. Intro are great but after playing for a few weeks youve seen/heard them all and its starts getting very repetative. In franchise I dont want to see my team run onto the field and have the same exact thing said every time. Why not implement some of the intros from past Maddens to give more variety. Last years side by QB comparisions during the intro would have worked well this year and could have been thrown into the mix. The intros should have ALOT more content. Another example is rain games. When playing these games you will see the same 2 animations over and over. You know the ones Im talking about. Quaterback slips dropping back or reciever slips while running the route. Again this is the most fun Ive had in a while with Madden but they can take a page or two from some other sports games that do a great job in the variety department. If you have played NBA 2K or the Show you know exactly what Im talking about.
Come on EA lets mix it up for 13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2011, 01:02 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden Needs VARIETY!!!!

Our best bet...is to wait till 2K can make a football game..(AWESOME)...cause EA is EA, they will give us just what they want us to have...It's sad to cause Madden could be a great game, But EA has had many years to add a lot of Feel to the game and proven they really don't care to. Heck 2K did it in 05 plus sold the game for $19.99....2K game had it's flaws..But it made to feel like to was in the game, From pre-game & half time show...(LMAO)..2K should have used the line. (IF IT'S IN THE GAME, IT'S IN THE GAME) 2K nailed that saying...So in due time have to wait till 2K back with a game...You know 2K has got a football game made and ready, Cause they want back as bad as some of us want them back..I like it cause it will put FIRE under EA Butt.....(hope)....

Last edited by gamecockfan40; 09-25-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:10 PM   #3
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Agree with OP, I can't believe cut scenes are that costly to produce but I dunno. Rotating even 3 different pre and post game cut scenes would extend the life of the game by keeping it fresh longer, no question.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:22 PM   #4
Banned

balcobomber25's Arena

OVR: 0

I just love how the game randomly selects two players as my defensive or offensive starters. Ive seen backups announced as starters. And then there is the coin toss which none of my captains ever seem to be on the field for. Its so frustrating because they nailed the camera angles and the stadium atmosphere but the crowd noise (for the most part), the atrocious commentary, the stadium sounds which sound like a whisper, and the player introductions all took a step backwards...
Old 09-25-2011, 02:03 PM   #5
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockfan40
Our best bet...is to wait till 2K can make a football game..(AWESOME)...cause EA is EA, they will give us just what they want us to have...It's sad to cause Madden could be a great game, But EA has had many years to add a lot of Feel to the game and proven they really don't care to. Heck 2K did it in 05 plus sold the game for $19.99....2K game had it's flaws..But it made to feel like to was in the game, From pre-game & half time show...(LMAO)..2K should have used the line. (IF IT'S IN THE GAME, IT'S IN THE GAME) 2K nailed that saying...So in due time have to wait till 2K back with a game...You know 2K has got a football game made and ready, Cause they want back as bad as some of us want them back..I like it cause it will put FIRE under EA Butt.....(hope)....
2k can't afford the license. They are at $12 per share.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2011, 02:22 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 16

I think it would be nice if the intro presentation had some commentary over it, instead of just being silence and then the PA announcer. The commentary should start there while they're showing that and carry over into talking about players similar to the QB thing last year

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »