Home

HELP!!!! My son is a cheeser (LOL)

This is a discussion on HELP!!!! My son is a cheeser (LOL) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2011, 10:27 PM   #25

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: HELP!!!! My son is a cheeser (LOL)

Wow, some of you take the internet way too seriously. Might be time to step back from the keyboard.

I'm glad to read you and your son have something like this you can enjoy together but it sounds like intervention time to me!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2011, 10:34 PM   #26

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadia147
Y'know.. Back in myyyyy daaaaay. We used to have this thing called a back yard. And we used to play this game called Football IN the Back Yard. We had eeal rain, real snow, and real mud. I kid you not.
And we learned how to play Football in Pick-Up games with the other kids in the neighborhood.
I remember when I was eleven, coming home all muddy and bloody from playing Football with a bunch of 14 year olds. I got my butt kicked, but I loved every minute of it. My Mom beat me up worse than those 14 Yr Olds that day )
We didnt have video games. At best we had Tudor Electric Football, where we made up rules to simulate the real thing. In Fact, Bobby Sauers and I had every team in Electric Football in those day, and we'd spend our Summer and Fall playing Vibrating Football with no AI whatsoever.
THAT's What your kid should be doing. Not sitting at home eating Cheetos and playing some video game when he could be outside playing the real thing.
Please show me where he said his son doesn't do this either or are you just assuming things to start an argument?
Old 09-27-2011, 01:14 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 6

for every cheesy play he runs add 1 piece of broccoli to his plate will work wonders. UNLESS your kid is one out of the millions who actually LIKE broccoli lol
Old 09-27-2011, 09:44 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

My sons, ages 21, 12[likes brocolli] and 11 have 160 acres of backyard complete with ORV's, guns, fishing holes as well as responsibilities that must be fulfilled prior to any video gaming.

It was my oldest son that introduced me to video gaming, madden in particular as football is huge in our family, back in 1997. We have had some **** battles over the years.
I introduced the younger boys to video games playing Lego Star Wars, great fun. My 12 year old and I are an elite 2 man force to be reckoned with many Saturday mornings, online C.O.D. hardcore team deathmatch.
My 11 year old has recently picked up Madden and is aware of cheese, but he is constantly asking questions how to apply real football tactics to the game.

My wife, on the other hand, is a huge cheeser and expert smack talker.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtguru
My 11 year old has recently picked up Madden and is aware of cheese, but he is constantly asking questions how to apply real football tactics to the game.
This would be a unique opportunity to expose your son to the history of the game of football and how the strategies we come to know as 'real football' came into being...

Start with Halas/Shaughnessy inventing modern motion in the 1920's and it leads up to the 5WR spread offenses we see today. Not only will be gain a historical basis for his strategic questions, he'll also develop an understanding of WHY 'real football' is real football and why what most of us call CHEESE is real football too.

Later

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »