Home

Help me pick a Madden

This is a discussion on Help me pick a Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2011, 12:14 AM   #9
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Help me pick a Madden

If you don't care about franchise and other frills, get madden 12. Core gameplay is better than it has been on a Madden game maybe ever. Arguably 2005 for ps2/xbox might have been the best. But on next gen, Madden 12 is the best. No doubt about it. Sliders can fix the problems the game has.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:16 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RleWorm
Madden 12...i can't play a game knowing that there is a newer one out there
It would kill me too if I knew the game was better, unfortuantly there doesn't seem to be a conseous like some years that the updated version is better. I would also like it to be $50 better considering that is how much extra I will have to pay.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:18 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlight85
If you don't care about franchise and other frills, get madden 12. Core gameplay is better than it has been on a Madden game maybe ever. Arguably 2005 for ps2/xbox might have been the best. But on next gen, Madden 12 is the best. No doubt about it. Sliders can fix the problems the game has.
Would sliders help me that much playing another human? I guess it could help the other persons AI on defense but doesn't usually sliders affect franchise players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2011, 04:20 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Madden 10 has TERRIBLE pursuit angles and logic that was NEVER fixed. It made the game unplayable for me. Madden 11 wasn't a huge improvement over 10, but it is a better game in my opinion. I also love the auto sprint feature in the game. However, I recommend turning off the auto strafe.

Watch the Free Safety. Defenders in Madden 10 pick a point behind the ball carrier as a pursuit point. this leads to bad angle and bad defense. Average runs can turn into big runs and big runs turn into scores because of this. Madden 11 isn't perfect, but when you get a nice run, it feels like you earned it... or cheated out of one defensively.

Also notice, on this play, how the SS and ROLB take a while to even react to the play or move at all? Madden 10 sat on the shelf most of the year while I played older NFL games. When I tried ot play it again, plays like those reminded me why it was shelved.
Any opinon on pursuit angles in 2012? Like I said in an earlier post if I get 2012 I want the game to be better (hopefully $50 better) because I am not planning on playing a bunch online where I would want the new version because I assume everyone else would be playing the updated game.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:40 PM   #13
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimedogg32
Any opinon on pursuit angles in 2012? Like I said in an earlier post if I get 2012 I want the game to be better (hopefully $50 better) because I am not planning on playing a bunch online where I would want the new version because I assume everyone else would be playing the updated game.
I don't own 12 yet. I am living in South America right now. From the U-Stream, YouTube Videos and so forth though, Madden 12 looks like a nice game.

If you want an NFL game to play against friends, I say Madden 11 if you can find it cheap. For example, I wouldn't pay $30 for Madden 11 when M12 isn't that much more. $10-$15, that's fine. Somewhere around the $20+ range makes me think twice.

I could get Madden 12 and have it shipped here... but I don't care that much right now. The graphics on next gen are sweet... but after installing Madden 07 on my Lap-Top and playing that a lot, I am reminded of how much better the overall game play used to be.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:41 PM   #14
Rookie

fran33s's Arena

12. I dont care what people say. The graphics are beautiful. I put up the most realistic stats ever. Sure, every game has glitches. But 12 is my favorite. Get 20 from all your roommates and go buy it?
Kansas City Royals
Golden State Warriors
Old 09-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fran33s
12. I dont care what people say. The graphics are beautiful. I put up the most realistic stats ever. Sure, every game has glitches. But 12 is my favorite. Get 20 from all your roommates and go buy it?
Ditto... Madden rivalries deserve the newest game. Trust me. You will easily get $20 out of the game if you all go in. Then play for push-ups and house chores.

Who cleans the bathroom this week? Settle it with Madden NFL 12.

WELL WORTH $20 each... It will keep you out of trouble, prevents you from having to pay child support, and if you're good you won't ever have to do the dishes .

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2011, 06:32 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 22

Get madden 12, one of the better madden games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »