Home

Worst Commentary ina game ever!

This is a discussion on Worst Commentary ina game ever! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2011, 03:31 PM   #57
Rookie

TitanUP2's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Worst Commentary ina game ever!

I would agree with others that the commentary is extremly sub-par.

In the whole me enjoying the game picture I could really give a rats *** about it. But you almost want to turn it off especially if you just got done playing that basketball game that 2k sports made. It does not effect my enjoyment of the game enough to be a game killer but man its an absolute ear sore.

Audio volume jumps up and down like a roller coaster. EA I understand its tough to get Gus and Chris to sit down and do the whole audio recording at the same time but at least make an effort that they sound like they are in the same room instead of on a different planet like it currently is. Hell they even make gus sound like he's two different people.

Oh well just another one of those things in Madden that EA never seems to figure out that can make the game so much more enjoyable.

Last edited by TitanUP2; 10-17-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #58
Banned

skabatula's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanUP2
I would agree with others that the commentary is extremly sub-par.

In the whole me enjoying the game picture I could really give a rats *** about it. But you almost want to turn it off especially if you just got done playing that basketball game that 2k sports made. It does not effect my enjoyment of the game enough to be a game killer but man its an absolute ear sore.

Audio volume jumps up and down like a roller coaster. EA I understand its tough to get Gus and Chris to sit down and do the whole audio recording at the same time but at least make an effort that they sound like they are in the same room instead of on a different planet like it currently is. Hell they even make gus sound like he's two different people.

Oh well just another one of those things in Madden that EA never seems to figure out that can make the game so much more enjoyable.
I'm surprised EA didn't try to sell it off as a new feature...3 man commentary team.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:14 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 25
Lol....I shut it off at Halftime of the first game I played....never to be turned on again....it is the worst ever......EVER!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2011, 07:49 PM   #60
Supporter

OVR: 22

I heard that "he's got break away cop speed" line, and I decided to show a bit of my "break away cop speed" by ejecting the game, putting it into the Gamefly envelope, and taking directly to one of the USPS blue boxes (mailman had already ran.) It was useless to have this game taking up one of the slots in my 'game queue'; especially in the fall season when the best game's are being released week after week. I would've tried no commentary, but the ambiance, atmosphere, and just the overall 'emotion' that a person gets each Sunday while watching the NFL isn't here (not even a semblance imo), so it would've been an even bigger waste of time for me. Truthfully speaking, it was an accumulation of things that made me send the game back, but the futile, porous, laughably bad commentary was the icing on the cake as far as me not touching Madden 12 again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »