Home

Madden Ratings - App

This is a discussion on Madden Ratings - App within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2011, 11:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden Ratings - App

Hello all,

I'm considering making an Android app and/or website and/or Excel app that provides comprehensive updated Madden ratings every week with a host of functionality (along the lines of team strengths/weaknesses, ratings changes, etc).

Given the man hours involved, I would be looking to price the full version of an Android app (there would probably be a free version with one or two teams to check it out first) at $.99 or $1.99, and a full blown Excel model at $2.99 or something.

My question is, would you consider buying an Android app or Excel model (more than just a straight forward spreadsheet) with this data for $1.99?

I appreciate any feedback or thoughts you have - thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2011, 11:53 AM   #2
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden Ratings - App

Yes. As long as you can sort all the rating by team, player. Option to hide potential. Free agents. And timely roster updates when Ea releases theirs.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:11 PM   #3
Rookie

Definitely, thanks for the thoughts.

One of the other pieces of functionality I thought could be useful would be a "what team should I use" query where you could say, I want a team with 3 WR/TEs over 85 route-running and over 80 CIT, and 1 DE/OLB over 93 power/finesse moves, etc etc, and then you would get a list of suggested teams, ala Packers, Patriots - something like that.

Another perhaps more useful thing would be matchup advice - so you'd input Cowboys vs. Saints, and perhaps you would get "switch Demarcus Ware to LOLB to attack the Saints weaker RT", "Test #41 R.Harper in coverage", etc.

Anyone else out there that would have an interest? Thanks!
Old 09-27-2011, 02:52 PM   #4
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Sounds really ambitious. I would love to help out. Don't know much about programming but anything else I can help out with.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #5
Rookie

JWaLL's Arena

OVR: 8

if u have an android fone that means its a smartfone. if its a smartfone u have internet. u have internet u can just go online and look at the ratings. seems impractical to me(i have a droid)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 04:42 PM   #6
TheSaints7

OVR:

I would download it but not pay for it! There was an app like the one your describing for madden 11 and it was free to its unfair to charge for madden 12

Old 09-27-2011, 07:51 PM   #7
Rookie

Thanks guys, makes a lot of sense.

I would agree that just a website designed for mobile use probably gets the job done, and that would be the first step. Then I'd have to explore what the benefits of an app bring.

I downloaded the M11 app last year - all it had was OVR ratings IIRC, not very useful. The reality is that there's more than 80,000 data points in just the base ratings, before considering DPP attributes or other things like Franchise Potential ratings. The initial labor hours to get the data in Excel is somewhere between 25-35 by my productivity calculations, let alone getting a website and advanced analytics/functionality in place (I can't estimate that at this point, but probably at least 20+). A website or app could obviously be ad supported and free to users, but it's a serious time investment for me to consider. I do work FT doing financial planning & analysis, and attend evening MBA classes, and have a gf to keep happy, etc etc. And this would really cut into what little Madden time I get, haha!

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 09-27-2011, 08:02 PM   #8
Rookie

fran33s's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWaLL
if u have an android fone that means its a smartfone. if its a smartfone u have internet. u have internet u can just go online and look at the ratings. seems impractical to me(i have a droid)
If you can find all the information on the internet in the time I could find it in this app, I salute you. Try Spellcheck.
Kansas City Royals
Golden State Warriors

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »