Home

In Preason is releasing an UDFA different than cutting them?

This is a discussion on In Preason is releasing an UDFA different than cutting them? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2011, 07:46 AM   #17
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: In Preason is releasing an UDFA different than cutting them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danstenz14
Its a franchise killer.

I understand the logic behind doing that. But how much extra work are you having to do? id imagine that its screwing with team salaries, considering you are having to cut guys with real contract and then sign them back...or are you not signing anyone is free agency and just letting teams literally fill completely up with UDFAs?

I dont understand why EA decided to delete all players under a 66 or so in free agency during the offseason, regardless of the quantity per position. It has completely wrecked the way franchise works. Dont they know the NFL is just as much about having bodies as it is having talent? (ok, maybe not such a true statement, but im not in the mood to give EA the benefit of the doubt)

Where NCAA imports are concerned I think the breakdown is they're not importing enough players. I read the imports carry 250 players, that's 7.82 per team after a 7 round draft, or about 25 imported UDFA players dropping to the FA pool.

Nowhere near enough unless they keep more of the REAL FA players longer. EA should probably stop nuking real guys from the FA pool so nonchalantly and import another 50-100 from NCAA. And for that to happen this year, the final NCAA patch in testing right now would have to be expanding the exported draft classes and there's been no mention of that.

Last edited by Old School SD Fan; 09-29-2011 at 07:48 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:05 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
Where NCAA imports are concerned I think the breakdown is they're not importing enough players. I read the imports carry 250 players, that's 7.82 per team after a 7 round draft, or about 25 imported UDFA players dropping to the FA pool.

Nowhere near enough unless they keep more of the REAL FA players longer. EA should probably stop nuking real guys from the FA pool so nonchalantly and import another 50-100 from NCAA. And for that to happen this year, the final NCAA patch in testing right now would have to be expanding the exported draft classes and there's been no mention of that.
completely agree. i'm only going to use the NCAA draft classes for one more season (hoping i can make it that long) and then im switching to MADDEN classes.

do you know if the MADDEN classes dump more guys into the FA pool after the draft than NCAA?
Old 09-29-2011, 10:48 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm playing under the current logic with a one-team chise.

UDFAs aren't really pissing me off that bad. A couple years in and most teams have 5-6 on their rosters, but by no means are any of these guys starting or making an impact. CPU cuts them the offseason after their first year when it realizes their overall and potential. It may keep a few that are higher rated.

But overall, the UDFA logic is annoying, but not a chise killer for me. My bigger chise issue is with deleting player roles when editing. Sometimes I like to edit equipment or numbers (not even ratings), but if I do, I lose some cool roles. That part sucks. And the completion percentage stats when simulating (I've gotten my play sliders to a good spot, I think).

Coaching scheme also drives me crazy. I drafted a scrambler who also has a good arm (like Vick-lite), but when I set my coaching scheme to scrambler, he splits time or even plays less than QB2. I suppose this is possible, but every game? And if I set it at balanced, he still splits time. The only way I get the guy to play the majority of snaps is to set it on pocket passer. And defensive aggression doesn't make a ton of sense to me either...if you have a great defense and play aggressive, you should be forcing a lot of turnovers and giving up big plays. I don't see much of a difference when I tweak this. I'd just assume set it all at default (50/50) for every team so it doesn't have an impact and just let the game simulate.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:29 PM   #20
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Can you start out with 32-team control, cut all the UDFAs, then revert back to controlling just 1 team? Thanks.

BH

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 09-29-2011, 06:05 PM   #21
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
Can you start out with 32-team control, cut all the UDFAs, then revert back to controlling just 1 team? Thanks.

BH
yes....just set all the controls to CPU in the *Franchise Options Menu* then change everything to User for ur own team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2011, 12:01 AM   #22
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
yes....just set all the controls to CPU in the *Franchise Options Menu* then change everything to User for ur own team
It does work like this except 2 of the settings are universal evidently. Sim cut days and I think scouting have to be set to CPU in order for you to not have to do it for all the "cpu" teams but then your team is also set to cpu. You just have to remember to make your own cuts during preseason before you sim forward the week and also remember to select your own scout selections before advancing the week.
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns
Old 10-01-2011, 12:46 AM   #23
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdfan76
It does work like this except 2 of the settings are universal evidently. Sim cut days and I think scouting have to be set to CPU in order for you to not have to do it for all the "cpu" teams but then your team is also set to cpu. You just have to remember to make your own cuts during preseason before you sim forward the week and also remember to select your own scout selections before advancing the week.
I cut every team's roster down to 53 before week 1 of the preseason cause i don't trust CPU's cut logic

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »