Home

Individual Coverage Shading

This is a discussion on Individual Coverage Shading within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Individual Coverage Shading

In playing around with the individual shading options i've found out something weird. The Press/Off coverage single audible works fine, you'll notice your CB back off or come up accordingly. However, when you want to shade left/right be aware the game has them assigned OPPOSITE of what they should be. If yu shade left, the CB shades right and vice versa. I went into practice to test and sure enough the Cb "slid" the opposite direction i wanted him to go.

Quite a pain to remember but the shading DOES work, now does it work well enough for everyone remains to be seen.

Edit: Quite annoying when the game makes the wr SLIDE on the inside just to get inside position when the play starts. arrrrgh.

Last edited by LionsFanNJ; 09-27-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 07:56 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Individual Coverage Shading

OK, I don't know why, but I can never get the inside/outside shading to work. The CB simply never moves despite my D-pad command. Press and off coverage work fine, but not the shading. Am I the only one with that problem?
Old 09-27-2011, 07:59 PM   #3
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
OK, I don't know why, but I can never get the inside/outside shading to work. The CB simply never moves despite my D-pad command. Press and off coverage work fine, but not the shading. Am I the only one with that problem?
It doesn't show pre-play. When the play begins, you will notice the inside/outside coverage.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 09-28-2011, 10:08 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
It doesn't show pre-play. When the play begins, you will notice the inside/outside coverage.
Man, this explains a lot. I have tried to shade inside a bunch, and of course the DB doesn't move. Then when the play develops, the CB takes the outside away--because the directional command I sent was actually interpreted the opposite way.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:28 AM   #5
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

The shading controls for left & right are from the Corner Backs perspective (Defensive Superstar Cam)

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2011, 10:39 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 18

Individual shading options? I didn't even know that was possible. I only thought you could shade left, middle, and right side of the field.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:47 AM   #7
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

haha...if only i actually had enough time to get this off. i barely have enough time to do press/off coverage and dline pinch or edge rush. not hardly enough time to also add in individual coverage assignments....just too many button presses vs the average time it takes qb's to hike.
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Old 09-28-2011, 10:59 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
The shading controls for left & right are from the Corner Backs perspective (Defensive Superstar Cam)
Wouldn't it have been easier for EA to just shade the controls as Inside or Outside rather than Left or Right?

I don't even know how it would work. Do you guys use shading that often? I never do. I figure it'd be useful when I have a double-team going on?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »