Home

Come from behind logic

This is a discussion on Come from behind logic within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2011, 11:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Come from behind logic

DEos anyone notice large amount of scoring by cpu in the fourth qtr.and frequent scoring by team that is behind?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Come from behind logic

I notice it about the equivalent of any NFL team in the 4th quarter trying to get back in the game.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:17 PM   #3
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

I noticed this happens a lot on All-Madden. Any QB all of a sudden become Tom Brady and the RBs get trucking and break-tackle ratings of about 1000.

It really pissed me off so I switched back down to All-Pro and jacked up the CPU sliders so I got the All-Madden challenge without the All-Madden cheese.

It still happens sometimes but its to be expected since it happens in real life.I actually played a game last week (texans vs bills) I was leading 20-13 and the Bills go the ball with about 2:30 left in the game. I was expecting them to cheese their way to a TD and the lead but they ended up trowing an INT on their first play and I ran the clock out.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 12

EA denies it, but there is most definitely a "keep it close" algorithm build into the game (which I don't necessarily have a problem with).
Old 09-28-2011, 12:51 PM   #5
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

This is always a touchy topic. So I won't play the catch up card, But I do believe that EA jacks up the offense in the 4th quarter of football games. I have been on both sides of the ball with this. As much as the CPU has done it to me, I have been able to complete passes into coverage that have been shut down for 3 1/2 quarters....feels kind of cheesy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2011, 01:25 PM   #6
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I wish fatigue played a more important role in Madden. In my experience, it is more like a meeter that depletes, and when it gets to a certain point, the player is just substituted out. They have cool little animations to show the player is tired when they line up at the LOS and all... but I don't really see/feel like the players are really playing fatigued. I could understand if the defense was really drained... but that just isn't the case.

I personally don't believe in the "come from behind" AI argument. I don't remember the last time I blew a two score lead against the computer. I also don't tend to force passes, so if I am coming back in the 4th, one of the things I notice is the AI play calling. FOr years in Madden the game would love to call Engage 8. Just snap the ball, notice the defense is sending the house and complete a wide open pass for a HUGE gain. If you shake the FS, or break his tackle, you will likely score. Because of stuff like that , I tended to keep the rewind feature from 09 on and set it to infinite. I would rewind stupid AI play calls and give the computer do-overs.

* I would also use the rewind when the computer wanted dumps the ball out to the flats and the receiver catches it and steps out of bounds for no gain, or even a loss. I find the A to be really bad at football, so I try to give it a second chance in order to keep games interesting.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:36 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I notice it about the equivalent of any NFL team in the 4th quarter trying to get back in the game.
I agree with this. Garbage time TDs happen. I don't think I've had any full comebacks but a couple times it's been where I hold them to a field goal most of the game, then they get a TD late in the game. I think that's more a product of conservative playcalling leaving more holes for the passing game to matriculate
Old 09-28-2011, 05:30 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 10

Personally I think they have something, instead of come from behind, its called dumb from behind. I have to lay off the gas most of the time which is dumb. All they do is run streaks... Almost nothing else

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »