Home

How can I get more tackles?

This is a discussion on How can I get more tackles? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2011, 05:36 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: How can I get more tackles?

One of way is to get that defensive player on kickoff coverage and try to kick it to that side of the field where he would be the first one down. If he is a slower player, try kicking it higher in the air to limit the distance. You can squeeze in a few tackles each game that way. The same applies to punt coverage. Hope that helps.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:27 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
I played 3 seasons with the Saints and we did well but my defense dropped big time each off-season because of low amount of tackles.

I've tried supersim on defense but that only leads to like 1 or 2 more tackles than normal and the score goes up to like 40-50 point games. Most tackles I ever got in a season was like 59 when the rest of the league were in the 100's.

So I'm restarting my Franchise. I don't want to start my first game until I know what to do right. I changed the quarter length +1 minute and I use custom coach mode sliders.

Any tips? Looking for like 7-10 tackles per game for the linebackers. I usually get like 3-5. There overalls drop the lowest. Jonathan Vilma dropped to 77 after 2 seasons but in the first, he was injured 7 weeks. But still.

And is Drew Brees overall lowering because of age? I got 4500 yards and 35TD 7 INT last season and he dropped from 95 to 93. I thought it was age but Peyton Manning was still 98 and the Colts went like 8-8 for 2 seasons then faced us in the last Super Bowl.
I play 12 Minute Quarters on Normal Speed. I run a Custom Playbook with all 4-3 fronts as my base, and have the 46 in there as well.

I end up with at least 100 tackles minimum playing straight up without having to "cheese" doing any crazy or weird things in order to get Tackles. My MLB and ROLB always have 100+, and my LOLB will end anywhere from 88-100+ as well.

On Offense I run the ball about 55-45, or 60-40. I run more than I pass. I'm a 4-3 Aggressive D and Run the Ball type of guy...Old School, if U will. Haha.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:29 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

I play 11 minute quarters and get at least 2 guys with 100 tackles a year.. My tackle stats are always right on and ''v played through 2 seasons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2011, 08:57 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGarza13
I play 11 minute quarters and get at least 2 guys with 100 tackles a year.. My tackle stats are always right on and ''v played through 2 seasons.
Same here. Except I play 1 minute longer than you do. I'm happy the stats are more "accurate" this year.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:22 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I play with 12 minute quarters, 15 second runoff, and routinely get great tackle stats. It all depends on the playcalling on both sides of the ball, but in a scrum using the Bears, Briggs had 10 total tackles. There's always at least one LB with 7 total stops or more, and another with 4-5, as well as a S around that number.

Through 4 games in my Raiders franchise, Rolando McClain has 34 total tackles, putting him on pace for 136. Wimbley will probably come up with 80 or so, with Branch and Huff in the 40-60 range.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »