Home

Create A Team issues

This is a discussion on Create A Team issues within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2011, 03:29 AM   #1
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10
Create A Team issues

I moved the Jaguars to Las Vegas in franchise to play around with created teams and see if they have fixed some of the issues that have plagued recent years. They have not, in many cases.

First of all, when you relocate your team the order in which it asks you to do things makes no sense and can cause significant problems. You have to set your team name including the city they play in before you select what city to relocate to. This could easily end up with someone putting in a city that isn't an option to relocate to.

Also, the logo that you choose seems to not be reflected correctly in your stadium if you have Modern Open or mezzanine or one of the ones that has the large statues of your team's namesake. Basically regardless of what you choose, it seems to be stuck as a default Shark. I went back into edit team once to see if I could change it and in the stadium it showed a snake (viper logo) but then when I played a game it was still a Shark.

You can't pick your uniforms, making it so that when playing a team like the Jets who wears a white jersey at home, both teams are wearing white jerseys. It seems that they fixed a particularly annoying glitch that used to cause your uniforms to revert to a default.

Other issues are around the limited selection of options here...

Stadium options, available cities, and logos haven't changed since next gen came out. The logos are severely limited compared to last gen. There were probably over 100 unique logos as well as being able to use current and historical NFL logos on previous games. I think the NFL put a stop to that one, but that just makes it all the more important that a better selection be offered for non NFL logos. I think there are 19 logos each with an alternate. That's a total of 38 logos. Some of them suck.

Madden needs TeamBuilder, and they need to start going back and fixing some of the stuff that hasn't been touched in 5 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »