Home

Player Roles are just completely messed up...

This is a discussion on Player Roles are just completely messed up... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2011, 12:41 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Player Roles are just completely messed up...

I honestly don't think the roles do much. A beast is a beast and a scrub is a scrub regardless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2011, 01:24 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't think the roles do much either. However, if they are going to put them into the game, they should damn well work properly, and not be a complete farce.

What if Modern Warfare had a glitch where you throw a grenade, but it doesn't kill anyone? Are we just going to 'pretend' it did, and carry on playing?

If something doesn't work right, we shouldn't have to pretend it does.

No offense to those giving that as a work around... just saying we shouldn't HAVE to make up our own stories for EA's lack of execution.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:38 PM   #27
Rookie

jwmcards's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeks
I don't think the roles do much either. However, if they are going to put them into the game, they should damn well work properly, and not be a complete farce.

What if Modern Warfare had a glitch where you throw a grenade, but it doesn't kill anyone? Are we just going to 'pretend' it did, and carry on playing?

If something doesn't work right, we shouldn't have to pretend it does.

No offense to those giving that as a work around... just saying we shouldn't HAVE to make up our own stories for EA's lack of execution.
Modern Warfare tried though. The grenade would blow up if you threw it, but if you didn't throw it you could run faster than everyone on Earth. I always loved getting magically stabbed from across the room in a nanosecond too.

But anyway, I agree. I like the concepts of roles & I'm not all that sure they have a huge impact either, but if you're going to put it in, at least make sure it works. I do the workarounds where I think that I need to in order to make it playable for me, but I don't think a workaround should be solution to all the issues either.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:23 PM   #28
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Solution to the Player Role Issues:

1. Patch It So Editing Ratings Doesn't Remove Role

2. Make Player Roles Editable!!! I still can't figure out why we have to be stuck with the roles EA thinks players should have, and just like ratings if we don't like a players rating we edit it, so if we don't like a player role we should be able to change it ourselves before Franchise Mode. That way people can assign Roles to Players who they think should have a role.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:31 PM   #29
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
On last gen player roles weren't editable they more than likely won't let them now.

Also the injury prone one is strictly based on the injury rating. Edit that during the owner offseason mode and it won't show up for that player.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:11 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 13

Player Roles should be editable. Heck, everything about every player should be editable. Customization is good.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:20 PM   #31
Rookie

majik8ball's Arena

OVR: 1

If you want editable, well you got it to a certain degree... just adjust injury prone players to a rating of 75 or better (i think) anything below will give that player a chance of being labeled injury prone... now as for the other roles I'm not sure but maybe you can adjust the run block rating for trench warrior but i'm not sure other tags can be altered... Oh wait maybe speed and spect catch for deep threat? The only problem has been stated before after editing you got to wait till next season to get the roles back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2011, 11:24 PM   #32
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
The problem is that it's backstory we have to come up with...

Stuff like this should be in the actual game. It would be awesome to see something like that play out within the franchise mode itself instead of us filling it in.

It would be nice if your player's roles were actually set by your coaching staff, and some might be stingy with the roles, but good at working with your players (higher bonuses to attributes), etc. Some might be quick to slap the negative ones on, stuff like that. Would create another reason to care about your coaching staff.
Or that that your making up crap, to cover more deficiencies by the Devs......

Sent from my iPad using The power of knowledge!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »