Home

Franchise question- managing multiple teams

This is a discussion on Franchise question- managing multiple teams within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2011, 07:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Franchise question- managing multiple teams

Is there a way where I could do my franchise and have control over the CPU teams depth charts, but not have to select every team in the beginning of the franchise mode?

I want to be able to change depth charts, but it'd be such a pain to cut players from other teams in the preseason and have to click through each game saying I don't want to play it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2011, 07:59 PM   #2
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Franchise question- managing multiple teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainer
Is there a way where I could do my franchise and have control over the CPU teams depth charts, but not have to select every team in the beginning of the franchise mode?

I want to be able to change depth charts, but it'd be such a pain to cut players from other teams in the preseason and have to click through each game saying I don't want to play it.
No u would have to select the teams that u wanna control if u wanna mess with any part of that team
Old 09-29-2011, 08:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainer

No, but I think the benefit of being able to control the CPU's depth charts and correct "weird" player logic outweighs having to click "simulate" every week.

But, it's not really as bad as you think. Just select all the teams, and for each franchise, set all the options (i.e. fill rosters, free agency, drafting, scouting) except "Set Depth Chart" to CPU. I manage all 32 teams, but for entirely different reasons.

I do it because there's a bug that doesn't let you simulate the week. The theory is that too many players are injured for a team, and the AI can't meet the roster requirements, so it doesn't simulate, and your franchise is dead in the water.

I just control all the teams, and so far, so good. I don't even notice that I control 32 teams. The only thing that comes up is a message that says tells me a user hasn't finished scouting or cutting players. I just ignore it.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:08 PM   #4
Rookie

Iamwubbie is basically correct, with a few caveats:

No matter your settings, controlling all 32 teams means that YOU have to:

1) Put players on IR. Season-ending injuries will not send themselves to IR, leaving those players as taking up roster slots.

2) Initiate any trades in the draft (or elsewhere for that matter, but the CPU never trades outside the draft).
Old 09-29-2011, 08:26 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actinguy1
2) Initiate any trades in the draft (or elsewhere for that matter, but the CPU never trades outside the draft).
Mmmm... I hadn't gotten that far into my franchise mode with all 32 teams. The CPU won't initiate trades during the draft, even if the CPU's set to do it? Makes sense. I wouldn't want the CPU doing something crazy like trading Patrick Willis for two first rounders without my consent. But I don't see why they couldn't just do it for draft picks ONLY.

I'll make sure I control the first round when I get to the draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2011, 08:50 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ok, thanks guys. I figured that was the case. Thanks for the tips.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »