Home

What is Steve Johnson worth to u?

This is a discussion on What is Steve Johnson worth to u? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2011, 03:16 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: What is Steve Johnson worth to u?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteboSSK
Example, if Green Bay was to trade Aaron Rodgers today they could probably get a 1st rounder for him,
Probably?

A 28-year old QB that won a SB on a pass-first team with a QB rating of 93/101/100 in the last three years, throwing for basically 4000yds each year, with a 12 yds per completion rate, and INT rate of 1.9%, TD rate of 5.5%...and that's "probably" a first?

That's *at least* a 1st, if not 1st and next year's 1st, and you better have a decent-or-better QB to trade in return (because, who's GB's back up and they aren't looking to rebuild, so they need someone who can compete now)

I think even Madden would want more than a 1st for Rodgers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #42
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by untrugby
considering IRL one 1 wr this year is making more than 9 mil, 10 mil seems absurd to me. Sure madden salaries can get skewed at times especially with lineman but if hes not in the top 10 OVR for WRs i wouldnt give him more than 6 or 7 mil per year. The #10 WR in salary this year is only making 4 mil. WRs are easy to replace IRL and in madden.
It is absurd that he's askin for 9-10M in Madden....but the guy is young, developing rapidly, highly productive, and most importantly, helping me win....nice to see a diamond-in-the-rough kinda guy do great things....In Madden Fitz, AJ, and Megatron along with some 2nd-tier WR's are all making double-digits per year and i'd like to think Johnson is somewhere in that 2nd tier of receivers....still debating whether to give him what he wants or franchise him in the offseason
Old 10-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #43
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
It is absurd that he's askin for 9-10M in Madden....but the guy is young, developing rapidly, highly productive, and most importantly, helping me win....nice to see a diamond-in-the-rough kinda guy do great things....In Madden Fitz, AJ, and Megatron along with some 2nd-tier WR's are all making double-digits per year and i'd like to think Johnson is somewhere in that 2nd tier of receivers....still debating whether to give him what he wants or franchise him in the offseason
the QB is way more important IRL and in madden, you can get 2 other receivers almost as good as Setvie for the same total per year price. The best part is its a zero sum game, if you dont spend the 10 mil a year for him some other team will waste a ton of cap space on him leaving more cheaper FAs for you.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:40 PM   #44
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by untrugby
the QB is way more important IRL and in madden, you can get 2 other receivers almost as good as Setvie for the same total per year price. The best part is its a zero sum game, if you dont spend the 10 mil a year for him some other team will waste a ton of cap space on him leaving more cheaper FAs for you.
i see ur point...fitzpatrick is doing is thing so i think imma bring him back...plus he's dirt cheap...i'm not letting him go however...either he's getting a LTC or he's gettin franchised....i have enough complimentary wr's so i don't need 2 more of those...i wanna keep my #1 go-to-guy...
Old 10-02-2011, 12:54 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:

If you are going to run your pass offense through him, meaning he'll get lots of targets, especially in the red zone, I would go ahead if I didn't need the room for other key spots.

It is a big cap hit increase - so I wouldn't do so lightly, and at least not without considering letting him test the FA market. Even if he was very productive, I'd have to think of why he worked. If it was for a skill that's harder to find, I'd be more apt. If it was for something just about any solid WR could do, I might not.

I don't know what his production was for you - but that would be part of my decision. That is a lot of money and I think you basically have to be using him a large majority of the plays/targets and getting a big, big chunk of the receiving yards for me to really want to do it, and not see if I could find another solid WR who can do the same for half the price.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2011, 01:18 PM   #46
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
If you are going to run your pass offense through him, meaning he'll get lots of targets, especially in the red zone, I would go ahead if I didn't need the room for other key spots.

It is a big cap hit increase - so I wouldn't do so lightly, and at least not without considering letting him test the FA market. Even if he was very productive, I'd have to think of why he worked. If it was for a skill that's harder to find, I'd be more apt. If it was for something just about any solid WR could do, I might not.

I don't know what his production was for you - but that would be part of my decision. That is a lot of money and I think you basically have to be using him a large majority of the plays/targets and getting a big, big chunk of the receiving yards for me to really want to do it, and not see if I could find another solid WR who can do the same for half the price.
yes, he is the focal point of my passing offense....i do need at other positions most notably along my O-line...only issue i have with letting him test the FA waters is, he might ask for more then 9M...then im gunna feel dumb....Why he works is cause he's able to run all routes with precision, he can adjust to poor-thrown balls, great hands, more then capable blocker....guy can do it all.....through 10 games, he has 73 catches, 889 yards and 7 TD's
Old 10-02-2011, 01:48 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
yes, he is the focal point of my passing offense....i do need at other positions most notably along my O-line...only issue i have with letting him test the FA waters is, he might ask for more then 9M...then im gunna feel dumb....Why he works is cause he's able to run all routes with precision, he can adjust to poor-thrown balls, great hands, more then capable blocker....guy can do it all.....through 10 games, he has 73 catches, 889 yards and 7 TD's
U need 2 keep him, bro. U won't be anywhere close 2 the Cap. Madden has never been a challenge with the Cap in any of the games. I wish it was. Way 2 easy 2 build and keep a team together...
Old 10-02-2011, 02:19 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Sounds like you need to pony up for him.

Lock him up long term, then restructure him later on down the road if need be. That's pretty realistic too - guys get restructured all the time in the middle of contracts. This gives you time to maybe groom his replacement in 5-6 years as well through the draft.

But an AVERAGE of 7 for 89 yds and almost a TD per game? And he's can run all the routes you ask him to and block down field? Man, I'd want him on my fantasy team - that's almost 15 points a game in NFL.com's format

Pay the man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »