Home

Madden's 78 overall on Metacritic

This is a discussion on Madden's 78 overall on Metacritic within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Whats your take on Madden's 78 overall grade on Metacritic.com
Too high 40 35.40%
Too low 30 26.55%
Just about right 43 38.05%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2011, 09:45 AM   #9
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden's 78 overall on Metacritic

I agree with the Ct score. I don't feel it's a underwhelming score at all, since the previous years were over rated. If there is a patch that corrects some issues, the score goes up in my book well into the 80's.

Madden cares about the meta critic score, so, they will hopefully reflect on this and make more improvements to 13.

As someone else stated, I don't give a hoot about meta critic or any other critic score because I don't know the reviewers personally. The only critic that is important to me is me.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #10
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

i don't listen to any reviewers since most of them don't know anything about what they are talking about.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:44 PM   #11
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I agree with the Ct score. I don't feel it's a underwhelming score at all, since the previous years were over rated. If there is a patch that corrects some issues, the score goes up in my book well into the 80's.

Madden cares about the meta critic score, so, they will hopefully reflect on this and make more improvements to 13.

As someone else stated, I don't give a hoot about meta critic or any other critic score because I don't know the reviewers personally. The only critic that is important to me is me.
I understand your point..a critic doesn't mean much because it should be your opinion That matters the most to u..but This is more so about Madden's grade overall based on 40 + reviews and how I look at that is telling..last year it was in the 80's and for it too go lower This year should be a wake up call that all the fluff that u put in the game the new presentation doesn't mean much if the actual on the field action seems to ignore the basic fundamentals of football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2011, 11:08 PM   #12
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
I understand your point..a critic doesn't mean much because it should be your opinion That matters the most to u..but This is more so about Madden's grade overall based on 40 + reviews and how I look at that is telling..last year it was in the 80's and for it too go lower This year should be a wake up call that all the fluff that u put in the game the new presentation doesn't mean much if the actual on the field action seems to ignore the basic fundamentals of football.
Eh, if your talking about the entrances, I just click through them. I do the same for other sports games too. The game play cameras, though, are very well done and the game play on the field, in my opinion, was vastly improved from 11. That's why I don't pay much attention to reviewers on a personal level.

As I mentioned, all the previous years, the scores were over-rated and now this score seems to make up for the previous years scores.

I know the developers look at the metacritic scores as a measuring tool, so, I'm pretty confident 13 will be vastly improved from 12.

They've already started on the right track by doubling the game play team for both football games.

Time will tell if they produce.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:40 PM   #13
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion8877
i don't listen to any reviewers since most of them don't know anything about what they are talking about.
That's kind of an arrogant statement. There are reviewers out there that know what they're talking about, I think the problems probably lies in the fact that you don't agree with what they are "talking about". Just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean it's wrong.

As for the topic itself, I think that is a great score for this year's version. They are heading in the right direction, which has me excited for this series once again.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:20 AM   #14
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
As a true long time "Madden" fan this is hands down my favorite in the series.

Up until this years game I got the most enjoyment as a total package from 2005 and 2007 on PS2.

Now don't get me wrong. They have a lot of ground to make up in the area of presentation. But this year they made huge strides with all the outstanding camera angles and cut scenes and little nuances that you will miss if you "x" through every play.

Gameplay wise this is no doubt the very best on the field and one of their strongest franchise modes as well. It is not better than 2005/07's total package on franchise mode but it certainly is deeper with the new scouting, IMO great free agent biding process, pre-season cut down days and yes....UDFA feature which IMO is not a problem like so many are flipping out about.

AI logic still needs tuning in franchise mode, we still need a more robust draft presentation. Madden as a lot of room for continued improvement, but Madden 12 is by far the most satisfying game in the series for me on an overall basis.

Gameplay is first and foremost the most important thing for me.

Madden 12 has really stepped up for me in that department. With DPP and hot/cold streaks and a much better progression system it truly has the feel of:

"Any Given Sunday"

I had a rip roaring thrilling year one starting 2-5 then fighting and scraping my way to 9-7 and getting into the AFC title game only to get my heart broken.

For the first time I feel like I am playing a much more intelligent CPU.

88/100
the best madden youve ever played and its only an 88? If they are so bad to you why would you keep playing them?
Old 10-02-2011, 07:43 AM   #15
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by untrugby
the best madden youve ever played and its only an 88? If they are so bad to you why would you keep playing them?

What's wrong with an 8.8 out of 10? 88% is a great score.

What keeps it from 90 plus is the overall package.

They need to clean up play by play, overall dynasty hub and commentary and bring it up to speed with the great sports titles of today like NBA 2K and The Show. They must step up their game in that department. That is what keeps it from greatness.

I can almost assure you if they had ESPN or NFL NEtwork style presentation like that other game way back in the day this game would have garnered legendary status.

It is that very reason IMO the other game has such a cult following. The presentation was so good and spot on it really made up for the games obvious AI shortcomings and awful franchise mode logic and flaws. And believe me that game has plenty of franchise flaws.

Madden is very close.

Let's put it this way.

Gameplay? 95/100

It is the presentation that brings the score down.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2011, 07:56 AM   #16
Rookie

unBEARable's Arena

OVR: 0

probably a 6 out of 10 for me.

too many things missing or broken.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »