Home

Madden's 78 overall on Metacritic

This is a discussion on Madden's 78 overall on Metacritic within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Whats your take on Madden's 78 overall grade on Metacritic.com
Too high 40 35.40%
Too low 30 26.55%
Just about right 43 38.05%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2011, 09:54 PM   #1
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4
Madden's 78 overall on Metacritic

Just want to get everybody's opinion on the overall rating Madden has recieved from its critics..Do u think its too low r too high r just about right..My opinion on this overall rating is its pretty underwhelming
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2011, 10:00 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Madden's 78 overall on Metacritic

It's definitely not too low, that's for sure.

"Too high" or "just right" depending on my mood.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:02 PM   #3
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Considering I'd give the game about a C+, that seems about right. There are a ton a great features and an equal number of infuriating problems.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:02 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 3

I think the best opinion is always your own.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:18 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
Considering I'd give the game about a C+, that seems about right. There are a ton a great features and an equal number of infuriating problems.

Agreed 100%.

Madden simply put never had been, and never will be, a realistic portrayal of NFL football in my opinion. It's an arcade football game in a sim football game's skin. It's NFL Jam without the big heads and flaming balls.

Madden '12 is an obvious improvement over Madden '11, which might have been the most awful football gaming experience of my life. Madden '12 has improved in many key areas, but it's still nowhere close to where I feel it needs to be.

C+ sounds about right. It's improved in many areas, and it does lots right, but it still lacks in way too many key areas to be considered truly good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2011, 11:34 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

I put "just about right".

78 OVR would be a player that's pretty much average NFL caliber. Some clear weakness, some things he still can do to contribute. That has value, and I think that fits this game pretty well.

It has value, it does some things right, it has clear weaknesses.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:32 AM   #7
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

As a true long time "Madden" fan this is hands down my favorite in the series.

Up until this years game I got the most enjoyment as a total package from 2005 and 2007 on PS2.

Now don't get me wrong. They have a lot of ground to make up in the area of presentation. But this year they made huge strides with all the outstanding camera angles and cut scenes and little nuances that you will miss if you "x" through every play.

Gameplay wise this is no doubt the very best on the field and one of their strongest franchise modes as well. It is not better than 2005/07's total package on franchise mode but it certainly is deeper with the new scouting, IMO great free agent biding process, pre-season cut down days and yes....UDFA feature which IMO is not a problem like so many are flipping out about.

AI logic still needs tuning in franchise mode, we still need a more robust draft presentation. Madden as a lot of room for continued improvement, but Madden 12 is by far the most satisfying game in the series for me on an overall basis.

Gameplay is first and foremost the most important thing for me.

Madden 12 has really stepped up for me in that department. With DPP and hot/cold streaks and a much better progression system it truly has the feel of:

"Any Given Sunday"

I had a rip roaring thrilling year one starting 2-5 then fighting and scraping my way to 9-7 and getting into the AFC title game only to get my heart broken.

For the first time I feel like I am playing a much more intelligent CPU.

88/100
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-01-2011, 07:46 AM   #8
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

I don't think there is anything wrong with what Madden 12 was suppose to be but there are just too many problems.

The defense assist is messed up, that annoying sound during play call, stats, Franchise bugs, and just a ton of stuff that needs to be fixed.

I give it a 70. Maybe an 80 if they fix some things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »